The Student Room Group

how to get girls in a club

I'll try to keep this short and sweet

I am bisexual, 19 years old, male. I like to go clubbing, and I like to get with people from time to time. I think I'm decent looking and I get some attention, however it is only ever from boys. I think my problem is I've honestly got quite a gay look about me, I'll openly admit that. Whenever I do meet girls in the smoking area or wherever they do seem to immediately assume I'm gay, even if I tell them I'm not. Which I'm fine with, made a new friend, we go dancing and just have fun, doesn't have to be anything more.

But I am bisexual, and I would like to explore that other side of my sexuality a little more. I've not kissed a girl since I was like 14 so that barely counts.

So the title pretty much? How can one attract female attention in a club?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do you go gay clubs or straight? Would you say you're effeminate, if so that'd be it. All I can say is it's like going up to a lad, just go upto a girl you fancy, get chatting take it from there.
'Get girls'.
They aren't a 'thing' that you get, own, take etc.
Perhaps thats what you are doing wrong and rethinking your attitude to women might be a good place to start.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
'Get girls'.
Perhaps thats what you are doing wrong and rethinking your attitude to women might be a good place to start.

I mean if you don't realise that's a figure of speech then I don't know what to tell you lol
Reply 4
Original post by SMEGGGY
Do you go gay clubs or straight? Would you say you're effeminate, if so that'd be it. All I can say is it's like going up to a lad, just go upto a girl you fancy, get chatting take it from there.

straight usually, tbh it's probably a confidence issue more than anything. thanks for replying
I tend to get loads of unwanted attention from girls when I'm dancing and having fun on the dance floor (only there to dance not shag anyone lol). Usually happens when I accidentally make eye contact with them for a nanosecond and they think it's an invitation to start grinding on me. So maybe just have fun and dance, let them come to you? Then you can prob give them the smoking hand signal and talk to them outside.

Also if you have any female friends you should go clubbing with them. Having another girl next to you increases the attention you get by a lot lol.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
a figure of speech

One born of sexism and misogyny.
Language like this is a form of violence towards women.
It reinforces that idea of women are objects to be 'had'.
Perhaps you need to really think about your attitude.
'Get girls'.

if it was a girl asking to get lads, would you react the same, no you wouldn't. It means nothing you've described.
Original post by Chicken.M.
I tend to get loads of unwanted attention from girls when I'm dancing and having fun on the dance floor (only there to dance not shag anyone lol). Usually happens when I accidentally make eye contact with them for a nanosecond and they think it's an invitation to start grinding on me. So maybe just have fun and dance, let them come to you? Then you can prob give them the smoking hand signal and talk to them outside.

Also if you have any female friends you should go clubbing with them. Having another girl next to you increases the attention you get by a lot lol.

Please, tell me your secret.
Original post by Anonymous
Bloody woke nonsense.

Being poltite to a woman and treating them with respect has nothing to do with 'woke' - whatever you think that means.
Reply 10
Being poltite to a woman and treating them with respect has nothing to do with 'woke' - whatever you think that means.

omg what are you on? are you even a girl? are you being obtuse on purpose? I think you need to address your attitude if you're randomly attacking harmless strangers on the internet.

it is clear to anyone with a brain that OP is not about to go to the club and try to adopt or buy a woman. It's as they said a figure of speech. My friends and i use it on the regular when talking about boys as well. I suppose when you hear somebody talking about 'pulling' a girl or boy you think they've gone in the club and yanked them by the arm?

anyway OP I really think just don't deep it, there's no real tips or tricks just be confident, fun and a good dancer. Eye contact is important but not too much. Just act how you would if it was another guy. Good luck!
I find that to get a girl in a club, all it takes is a bit of tact. Tact, and alongside these four articles:

- Box
- Rope
- Large Stick
- Male more attractive than oneself (the wingman)

You take the box, set it up with the stick holding it up, with a rope attached. Put the male beneath. Girls will naturally flock to the male beneath the box, and here is where you spring your trap- retract the rope toward your chest, and pull that box down on your prey!

That'll get you your girls. Whether you can keep them is up to your spirit, my young lad. In my experience, if your box is anything short of five meters of depleted uranium thick, they'll claw through and make you into a eunuch. Getting girls is the least of your worries, then.

Where did he say he wasn't going to treat them with respect? You over analysed his two words 'to get' and had a rant.
Original post by jan33
omg what are you on? are you even a girl? are you being obtuse on purpose? I think you need to address your attitude if you're randomly attacking harmless strangers on the internet.

it is clear to anyone with a brain that OP is not about to go to the club and try to adopt or buy a woman. It's as they said a figure of speech. My friends and i use it on the regular when talking about boys as well. I suppose when you hear somebody talking about 'pulling' a girl or boy you think they've gone in the club and yanked them by the arm?

anyway OP I really think just don't deep it, there's no real tips or tricks just be confident, fun and a good dancer. Eye contact is important but not too much. Just act how you would if it was another guy. Good luck!

Best not get irate, some users are beyond help. He's obviously jumping on bandwagon just for the sake of it. Always somebody looking to be offended for no reason at all.
Remember that guys are the ones that do the approaching anyway, not the other way around, so even if you exuded masculinity or were built like The Rock, you still wouldn't get approached by women.

You can be more masculine, or you can be an animé-lookin' boy, but you'll still have to be the one approaching. You talk to girls in the smoking area, but that's a sort of safe place, plus it depends what you're talking about. Probably you have to make it a little more obvious you're looking to get filthy.

'Get girls'.

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ackhnologia

I'm just super hyped and excited and love dancing and music lol. So people like being around me in party environments.

If you're one of those guys that stand there with a drink head bobbing then you're prob gonna come across as boring.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Remember that guys are the ones that do the approaching anyway, not the other way around, so even if you exuded masculinity or were built like The Rock, you still wouldn't get approached by women.

You can be more masculine, or you can be an animé-lookin' boy, but you'll still have to be the one approaching. You talk to girls in the smoking area, but that's a sort of safe place, plus it depends what you're talking about. Probably you have to make it a little more obvious you're looking to get filthy.

That's not true at all lol. I almost never approach girls. If it's a party environment girls approach and hit on guys ALOT.
(edited 2 years ago)
One born of sexism and misogyny.
Language like this is a form of violence towards women.
It reinforces that idea of women are objects to be 'had'.
Perhaps you need to really think about your attitude.

Give it a rest.
people too damn nit picky about words these days. If you don’t like it YOU don’t use, simple.
Original post by Ackhnologia

The 'secret' is not giving a shyt and not paying attention to them. Apparently.

Not 'acting' like you don't give a shyt. Actually not giving a shyt & doing whatever you feel like.

Works for me too when I'm in the right frame of mind. Except I'm not a very 'dancy' person, in contrast.
Original post by Chicken.M.
That's not true at all lol. I almost never approach girls. If it's a party environment girls approach and hit on guys ALOT.

That's probably the case now. My milennial generation's girls were generally petrified of being seen as a 'slut' (and having a fat arse) so pretended to have no more than one sexual partner in their life and that they had sex only for babies.

This gen's girls root each other on to bounce on as much **** as possible. With as big a butt as possible. Good for them too!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending