The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Postgrad Accommodation- HELP!!

So i recieved an offer to student an MA in Journalism at Sheffield in September, and have just been browsing accommodation. The uni accom seems quite expensive for what it is but I definitely want to live with postgraduate students! The private accom like Sheffield 3 and Steel City look like great places and seem way cheaper than what the uni offers but I'm worried about the social aspect/ whether any postgrad students will live there. I know I want to live in either the uni or private accom so any help would be appreciated!!!
I've booked in at Nurtur House which I think is just over the road from the Sheffield roost private accoms. They said that a good portion of residents are doing postgraduates, including myself.
It can be quieter than the undergraduate social life but it would be good to look at private accommodation that has its own events for its residents. A lot are quite welcoming.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Anonymous
I've booked in at Nurtur House which I think is just over the road from the Sheffield roost private accoms. They said that a good portion of residents are doing postgraduates, including myself.
It can be quieter than the undergraduate social life but it would be good to look at private accommodation that has its own events for its residents. A lot are quite welcoming.

Thanks for the reply! :smile: Is the accomdation you booked private too? and did you mean Sheffield roost said a portion of there residents are postgrad? I just think the uni accom is very expensive for what you get so I'm unsure haha
Original post by elo23442200
Thanks for the reply! :smile: Is the accomdation you booked private too? and did you mean Sheffield roost said a portion of there residents are postgrad? I just think the uni accom is very expensive for what you get so I'm unsure haha

Yes Nurtur is private. It was them that claimed a postgraduate majority of residents.
I also thought that Uni of accommodation was too expensive when at Nurtur I can have my own kitchen and ensuite bathroom. Plus extras like a desk space, TV, laundry room, gym and plenty of monthly events. It just appealed to me so much more than the Uni of accommodation.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes Nurtur is private. It was them that claimed a postgraduate majority of residents.
I also thought that Uni of accommodation was too expensive when at Nurtur I can have my own kitchen and ensuite bathroom. Plus extras like a desk space, TV, laundry room, gym and plenty of monthly events. It just appealed to me so much more than the Uni of accommodation.

Hey i just booked Nurutr too for 22/23 :smile: I was looking at Allen court but they didn't have accommodation with a kitchen
Original post by MalbecandMed
Hey i just booked Nurutr too for 22/23 :smile: I was looking at Allen court but they didn't have accommodation with a kitchen

Oh nice! First person I've seen also choose Nurtur. Which contract length are you on, I'm doing 51 weeks.

It's great having the option of your own kitchen and bathroom. I can't wait to cook in my own space haha.
Yes 👍 exactly also, I picked 51 too, seem like a nice location and not too far from the diamond either.
Yes 👍 exactly also, I picked 51 too, seem like a nice location and not too far from the diamond either.

Oh nice, I'm 213.

I thought the same, I didn't want to live too far out of the city but Nurtur is within a good distance to the uni and also study spaces. Plus the transport links are good and it's nice to be in the city.
I'm at 301

It's nice and I called them up and they are super accommodating some private rents don't even let you bring a coffee machine. I'm thinking of not getting there till the 17th cause we don't even start till the 28th but that also depends on the lab job I'm looking for when I'm out there so,
I'm at 301

It's nice and I called them up and they are super accommodating some private rents don't even let you bring a coffee machine. I'm thinking of not getting there till the 17th cause we don't even start till the 28th but that also depends on the lab job I'm looking for when I'm out there so,

Yeah they were very helpful when we went to look around and see a list of potential rooms. The utilities are great and I like that the rent is included. So many perks. I'm looking forward to living there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest