The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL MA Interview Responses

hi! I applied for an MA in Strategic Fashion Marketing and had an interview last week. not sure when they would say whether or not my application was successful or not and was wondering if anyone else has heard back about MA course decisions?
Reply 1
Hello, that's great news, Congratulations! I have applied for the same course as well and really want to get in, the wait makes me feel anxious and terrible as I haven't received an interview request yet. When did u apply for the course and what was your application timeline like? and how did the interview go ? what questions did they ask? I feel so stressed
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hi! I applied for an MA in Strategic Fashion Marketing and had an interview last week. not sure when they would say whether or not my application was successful or not and was wondering if anyone else has heard back about MA course decisions?

I applied for a different MA but they said it would take about 2-3 weeks to get a response after the interview.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by sk_lcf
Hello, that's great news, Congratulations! I have applied for the same course as well and really want to get in, the wait makes me feel anxious and terrible as I haven't received an interview request yet. When did u apply for the course and what was your application timeline like? and how did the interview go ? what questions did they ask? I feel so stressed

I applied on January 7th, sent me portfolio on January 22nd, got an interview invite on March 3rd, and then had the interview on March 11th. The interview went well I think, the person interviewing me was very nice. She asked a lot of questions about my study proposal and then asked about my previous work experience and academic experience. It lasted probably 25 minutes. I wouldn’t be nervous don’t worry!!
Hi there! I'm applying for the same course and am slightly stuck when it comes to the Masters Study Proposal. Not sure how to go about it/the format/ what they're looking for. Any help will be much appreciated! (LCF MA Strategic Fashion Marketing)
Original post by anonmgb123
Hi there! I'm applying for the same course and am slightly stuck when it comes to the Masters Study Proposal. Not sure how to go about it/the format/ what they're looking for. Any help will be much appreciated! (LCF MA Strategic Fashion Marketing)

Hey,

I understand writing a Master's Study Proposal can be a daunting task but very exciting at the same time. Studying a Master's degree at UAL myself, this would be my overall advice while writing your study proposal.

I'd say start with a snappy introduction and a catchy title. Talk about the background and what particularly sparked your interest into the topic. Next, I would get laser-focused on my area of study. The key is to be specific. (Think microscope, not telescope.) This shows the reader your ability to research well and get to the root of anything.
Next step would be to tell the reader what you have set out to achieve. Lay down your aims and how you plan on achieving it - your objectives.
Then get into critical discourse and theoretical framework. Basically discuss what past research in this field has said - the good and the bad- where your proposal stands etc. It shows the reader that you understand the wider conversation and have studied it well.
You can follow it up by discussing your intended methodology - the different methods you would use to collect data for example or whatever is relevant to your proposal.
You can also mention any primary research that you may have already done for your project.
Finish with a quick end note and how you see this progressing. Add in your references, any appendices that might support your document and bibliography.
For UAL, remember to use Harvard Style referencing.

Overall, the proposal to showcase to the reader that you understand the kind of research a master's study would entail and you have the capabilities to communicate it. You are not expected to exactly continue with your proposal during the course.

I hope this helps.

Best,
Teju
UAL Ambassador.
Original post by Anonymous #1

hi! May I ask you how much time have you waited after submitting the video task before getting an interview invite? Thank you in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending