Covid vaccine after covid

Watch this thread
lauren-hall
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey so I’ve not had the vaccine yet, I was pregnant when it came out and now breastfeeding so I’ve been putting it off. I’ve just had covid , no bad symptoms I barely noticed it other than loss of taste and a little cough. I’m going to Italy in may and need my vaccine in the next day or 2 but they say to wait 28 days until you have it.

My question is am i ok to have my jab 20 days after covid symptoms started ? What is the
harm ? I breast feed so don’t want to put baby in danger if it’s too early for health reasons.
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lauren-hall)
Hey so I’ve not had the vaccine yet, I was pregnant when it came out and now breastfeeding so I’ve been putting it off. I’ve just had covid , no bad symptoms I barely noticed it other than loss of taste and a little cough. I’m going to Italy in may and need my vaccine in the next day or 2 but they say to wait 28 days until you have it.

My question is am i ok to have my jab 20 days after covid symptoms started ? What is the
harm ? I breast feed so don’t want to put baby in danger if it’s too early for health reasons.
ecolier or GANFYD - can you help with this?
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

How long do I have to wait after having COVID to get my vaccination.....
Adults can have the vaccine 28 days after a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after symptoms started, whichever is earlier. This is in line with Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) guidance.
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
If you've just had Covid, you can (according to https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements) enter Italy with "a COVID-19 recovery certificate, certifying that you have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 6 months". So the fact that you haven't had a vaccine yet might not prevent you travelling.

(Obviously as with all things Covid-related, this might change at short notice.)
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 months ago

The JCVI guidelines state to wait 28 days after having COVID or after the day your symptoms start. The reason why - I'm not able to find it. Although, the most likely reason is to maximise health and safety following your exposure to COVID-19.

The guideline also mentions there is 'no known risk associated with giving non-live vaccines whilst breastfeeding. JCVI advises that breastfeeding women may be offered vaccination with the Pfizer-BioNTech or AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines'. Research reveals the mRNA strain is not evident in the breastmilk of women breastfeeding, but what is found is protective antibodies so your child is likely to receive the antibodies from the milk. This means your child is offered some level of protection from the antibodies from COVID-19.

Regarding your trip to Italy, it's advised to follow their entry requirement guidelines as outlined on Gov.uk.

I hope this helps.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Last edited by Coventry University Student Ambassadors; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (36)
33.96%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (48)
45.28%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (21)
19.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.94%

Watched Threads