(Original post by TK)
    ok next Q - what types do u notice

mascara
    eye liner
    eye shadow
    blusher
    foundation
    lipstick/gloss
    I notice eyeliner and mascara, because I always notice eyes. Most attractive female feature, if you ask me. And I notice lipgloss when it's flavoured

ReputationRep:
    all of them?

ReputationRep:
    i find it hard to notice foundation when its only applied lightly, heavy just puts me off as it shown they are inconfident.

eye shadow and mascara is so easily noticed :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    what if a girl was really quiet and shy, didn't make much effort to look nice eg didnt brush or style her hair etc, and no lads fancied her, could it be possible that she was naturally pretty but her shyness let her down?
    :congrats: :rofl: OMG POST OF THE MONTH! :adore:

you def get a rep! btw..was this a serious question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    :congrats: :rofl: OMG POST OF THE MONTH! :adore:

you def get a rep! btw..was this a serious question?
    He gets post of the month for being 'sensitive'? .......hmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    what if a girl was really quiet and shy, didn't make much effort to look nice eg didnt brush or style her hair etc, and no lads fancied her, could it be possible that she was naturally pretty but her shyness let her down?
    lots of girls are like this i think. i tend to go for those who are shy or actually really nice people rather than the "look at me being all pretty!" types

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by technik)
    lots of girls are like this i think. i tend to go for those who are shy or actually really nice people rather than the "look at me being all pretty!" types
    But shy girls actually being nice isn't always true. I once really liked this gorgeous-but-shy girl, then it turned out that she was horrendously violent and beat the hell out of her mum constantly. Turns out she wasn't so much shy as psychotic. The moral of the story being: stay away from suspiciously 'shy' girls.

ReputationRep:
    i find it hard to notice foundation when its only applied lightly, heavy just puts me off as it shown they are inconfident.

eye shadow and mascara is so easily noticed :rolleyes:
    ~yes if you cake it on so your eyelashes form little globs and clumps. i've got naturally black eyelashes so one coat sufficiently opens up the eyes without looking like falsies

ReputationRep:
    i think that some girls can wear make up without it even looking as if they are wearing make up - they wear a light coat of face powder/foundation and a little gloss and sum mascara and u cant even tell but ujust think they are naturally pretty. and then there are some girls who....YUCK! lol cake it on until the cow's come home and that is definitely a turn off to guys as far as i'm concerned. I normaly just wear some face powder/foundation and eyeliner. however, if i'm going out then ill wear a little eye shadow to match whateva i'm wearing but generally speaking i'm not a HUGE make-up fan coz it gives me rash if i wear too much!!

check this out

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/celeb.html

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a few shy girls at my school that could totally be gorgeous if they made the effort and had a bit more confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I know this one girl that feels compelled to wear bright blue eye shadow half way down her face even though she's naturally very good looking. you just end up looking like a hooker.

There's another girl that would be good looking if she made a bit of an effort (e.g brushed her hair). I suppose it's got to be a compromise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    And it goes a little something like this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/beautysecret.html
    yay,love links like thatthough camron diaz looks the same:eek::p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    And it goes a little something like this:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/beautysecret.html
    Wow, that's amazing! And also the celebs w/out make-up..if you saw them in the street you'd have thought they'd be the least likely to be famous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    Wow, that's amazing! And also the celebs w/out make-up..if you saw them in the street you'd have thought they'd be the least likely to be famous!
    I'm pretty sure they've been through photoshop to make them look worse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    People dont realise i wear make up even though i never go out without it...but if they seen me without it on they would definitely know the difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmz635)
    I'm pretty sure they've been through photoshop to make them look worse :rolleyes:
    I hope so. Micheal Jackson is scaring me

ReputationRep:
    ~ i know what u mean!--i've always had a suspicion that he has some kind of secret mini scaffolding inside his nose to hold it up! The guy is really ?*beep* ed up..i mean he actually looks more like a human being WITH eyeliner! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Blimey can males where make up without looking daft? If so I think I can become the hottest bloke in Manchester over night
    I know a couple of guys that wear concealer. Not cool!

ReputationRep:
    ~i don't see why guys shouldn't...i mean we girls have access to all these fantastic products...the guys should be able to use jsut concealer (not promoting powder/eyeshadow or mascara here! :eek: ) i mean as long as it doesnt look like they've caked it on.You'd be surprised by the amt of makeup ppl on tv need...even the wrinkly old newreader men need powder and stuff before going on-air

ReputationRep:
    ~oh, and i'm finding more and more men at the clarins, la prairie cosmetic counters in dept stores, buying skin care...personally i think its great that they can be bothered to look after their skin...and as for the concealer issue again....if some volcano faced guy can find something to improve his complexion in public, i say GO for it

off-tangent...but we had this 'Search for a supermodel' show a while back, and the girls were asked to take off ALL traces of make up before going in...and many were literally crying their eyes out as they wiped away all the eyeliner/mascara/ blush etc---guys should be able to hide behind some clever cosmetic products without ridicule if they need to .

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.