The Student Room Group

Feeling deflated.. anyone else?

Less of a question, more of an invitation for others to vent any frustrations they may be feeling right now.

I'm currently in the process of applying for internships over summer in the field I want to eventually pursue. I've had countless rejections, with no further feedback or support. I'm finding my university careers advice rather unhelpful (bland, if you will) and feeling like I'll be stuck in a position I don't want for the rest of my life. I had a rejection today for a legal internship at a music company, and it'll probably be the 6/7th over the last couple of years, amongst 25+ training contract rejections, or I just never hear back.

My issue is I'm limited to what I can apply for. I can't afford unpaid work, and that seems to be the only thing I see advertised for graduate and entry-level positions. I have a strong CV and skill set with over 8 years of work experience at 23 years old - To be completely honest, I value my skills and wouldn't be in the position to just take anything for free that could have a huge financial risk.

On top of all of this, it's really affecting my studies. I find my masters incredibly dry (law) and I have no desire to pursue any of the subjects I'm learning, other than in the creative industries. I consistently feel like I'm behind with the work, reading etc, and it's really driving me further down.

Anyone have any advice for deflation, or who also needs to take some time out to think about their life? More than willing to listen!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending