The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Chemistry Paper 3 Unified chemistry H432/03 - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abdul 580
So do you think that examiners this year are going to give more A/A*s

This podcast explains it: https://youtu.be/a7uNzUkUTeY
There will be more A/A* than 2019 but fewer than 2021, but the exact quote isn't decided until all papers are marked.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Jlashg
i really hope paper 3 gets leaked so we can either get really high marks for this one or we get our predicted grades

Please nooo
That would be so stressful I'd rather everyone gets the marks they worked for
Anyone have any advice for how to tackle the organic questions in this paper? Like when they give you a new molecule and you have to come up with an equation etc.
Original post by sopherobinson
Anyone have any advice for how to tackle the organic questions in this paper? Like when they give you a new molecule and you have to come up with an equation etc.

Do lots of past papers, e.g. the ozonolysis question in P2 was similar to one in 2021 in that it was applying mechanisms to a new reaction so learn you mechanisms well and try to find some application questions.
just cringing thinking about how ive lost about 30 marks so far on stupid mistakes. sigh
what practical skills do we need to know for chemical equilibrium bc it's been left on the advanced info?
Original post by Sarah2148
what practical skills do we need to know for chemical equilibrium bc it's been left on the advanced info?

https://youtu.be/uIylyQSwVkc you may have already seen this but he kinda explains what practical skills could be on chemical equilibrium. I guess you just need to understand the concept and be able to apply it in a practical sense hopefully OCR does not give a weird question on this
Original post by CJ_bangtan
https://youtu.be/uIylyQSwVkc you may have already seen this but he kinda explains what practical skills could be on chemical equilibrium. I guess you just need to understand the concept and be able to apply it in a practical sense hopefully OCR does not give a weird question on this

thank you, that makes more sense!
Original post by Iceyballz
just cringing thinking about how ive lost about 30 marks so far on stupid mistakes. sigh

only 30??
Original post by libero
only 30??

30 marks i wouldve gotten right if i was calm in the exam. that isnt even including things i just flat out didnt know
(edited 1 year ago)
How do you revise paper 3?
should i do past papers for paper 1 and 2 and 3 and revise erverything or do i just revise everything and only do paper 3? Should I do old papers?
Original post by TYUIOPA
should i do past papers for paper 1 and 2 and 3 and revise erverything or do i just revise everything and only do paper 3? Should I do old papers?

I recommend doing past papers but you've already sat paper 1 and 2 so why do past papers of 1 and 2 when there's only paper 3 left?
Original post by bea_murray0
I recommend doing past papers but you've already sat paper 1 and 2 so why do past papers of 1 and 2 when there's only paper 3 left?

I didnt finish all the paper 1's and 2's
Original post by TYUIOPA

I think it's good to focus on paper 3 questions as although it technically is just a combination of papers 1 and 2, I think the questions can still be different and require a slightly different technique.
Original post by simxne_
I think it's good to focus on paper 3 questions as although it technically is just a combination of papers 1 and 2, I think the questions can still be different and require a slightly different technique.

yeah the style of paper 3 is quite different to 1 and 2, best to get used to it
Reply 56
only 2 exams left but my motivations gone out the window why does this have to happen at the last possible moment
Original post by TYUIOPA

Oh right, you mean in terms of content? Paper 3 has a very different style so I would recommend just doing paper 3 past papers and learn the content however you normally learn content
Please could someone help, I just don’t know how to approach these kind of questions:smile:. I need to get like 50 marks on this paper to get into uni ughh
Original post by Astudy
Please could someone help, I just don’t know how to approach these kind of questions:smile:. I need to get like 50 marks on this paper to get into uni ughh

I'd probably start by working out all the moles involved, so if you find the moles of water lost you could find the empirical formula without the excess H2O in ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending