The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 3: 9PH0 03 - 16 June 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Oh I made a mistake. I got -0.027 for the ln graph!
Original post by Speaking_04

I got that too

Yess I got so scared for a second lol, I got that too but rounded it up to 0.03
Can someone start on the unofficial markscheme please if they remember questions
For the question about iodine decaying to xenon, from my answers, I said 32 days worth of decay was enough to exert the pressure. My calculated pressure was 1.05x10^5 Pa and we were supposed to compare to 1x10^5 Pa
(edited 1 year ago)
For the question about iodine decaying to xenon, from my answers, I said 32 days worth of decay was enough to exert the pressure. My calculated pressure was 1.05x10^5 Pa and we were supposed to compare to 1x10^5 Pa

I got 7020
Original post by Hpandswfan
I got 7020

Yes same! It was deffo less that 1x10^5. I got wrote it as 7x10^3
What did u get for the momentum q?
I got 7020

Do u remember the questions last time you remembered them pretty well
Reply 69
I got that to but it’s wrong because the N value we used was for Iodine your supposed to minus from the initial to get the number of nuclie for xenon I’m pretty sure
Original post by From456

I got abt the same a bit larger
(edited 1 year ago)
What did you guys get as the half life for radioactivity - I got 73?
I got 85 but I got it wrong
Reply 73
Original post by From456

Yeah I think you had to take away the nuclei after 32 days from the initial nuclei to just get the number of xenon nuclei, which got just over 1x10^5 for me
Same
Reply 75
Original post by Lightshadow100
What did u get for the momentum q?

For the one with the projectile and the box i got the projectile's velocity as something like 88m/s and the energy lost as around 250J
Reply 76
I got 72.5 so sounds about right :biggrin:

Original post by TewoD
I got that to but it’s wrong because the N value we used was for Iodine your supposed to minus from the initial to get the number of nuclie for xenon I’m pretty sure

I don’t remember any of the calculations but I remember that 32 days was enough time since I worked out the number of particles with the gas equation and then used that number along with the number they gave us to work out the time for the initial number of nuclei to reach the final number of nuclei and it was less than 32 days

Got that I think. I did the average of like 4 half lives.
Paper was decent and maybe I will scrape a b after the absymal paper 1 and 2. Fingers crossed. Main difficult ones for me was the last one and the suitability of the circuits. Both 6 markers. Hope I got 6 in total for them lol.
List of Q i can remember so far - pls fill in gaps / rearrange
1. Spring extension - data and improve the method
3. Chicken
4. Pendulum
6. Torch
7. Projectile
8. Thermistor
9. Led experiment compare circuits and work out the pd
10. graph radiative decay
11. earthquake
12. Radioactive decay pressure
13. String