The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper 2: Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 -10 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Physics Paper : Advanced Physics II 9PH0 02 - 10 June 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

9PH0 02 Paper 2 1h45 10 June 2022 pm

Resources

Official Specification

Advance Information

(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

How’s everyone feeling for paper 2 tomorrow ?
Reply 2
Original post by rehena12
How’s everyone feeling for paper 2 tomorrow ?

Pretty confident
Nervous. Any thoughts on potential 6 markers?
Original post by marieclaire.pi0
Nervous. Any thoughts on potential 6 markers?

I have to assume it has to be describing waves and particle theory of light or maybe the doppler effect?
Wave descriptions is a good shout.
Also do you think we need to know by heart the whole thing about deriving the kinetic equation?
Also do you think we need to know by heart the whole thing about deriving the kinetic equation?

Yes 100% I think that'll be a big marker in fact I learnt that one off by off heart yesterday and it's quite easy now

100%
Any other thoughts on stuff worth just memorizing? I've spent most of my prep on practicing questions.
Any other thoughts on stuff worth just memorizing? I've spent most of my prep on practicing questions.

I think it’s worth knowing how to show Ke = 3/2 KT
(edited 1 year ago)
How does everyone feel about lenses and the ray diagrams ?

What do you mean by wave descriptions ?
Original post by Luke_G__
How does everyone feel about lenses and the ray diagrams ?

Literally doing it now its not too bad I'm more worried about what they'll ask me on the doppler effect and give us a tough radioactive decay question
I think it’s worth knowing how to show Ke = 3/2 KT

That was a question in the autumn exams apparently so it teacher made us memorise the kinetic model derivation because they haven't asked that before

Practical on ideal gases, radioactive decay just make sure u know how to do calculation questions and quantum physics experiments I feel like will come up
Literally doing it now its not too bad I'm more worried about what they'll ask me on the doppler effect and give us a tough radioactive decay question

Normally Doppler effect or radioactive decay is okay tho ? It does depend with radioactive decay especially when they try to trip you up though
That was a question in the autumn exams apparently so it teacher made us memorise the kinetic model derivation because they haven't asked that before

Both are relatively easy to remember so I would just recommend learning both really no harm in it
Normally Doppler effect or radioactive decay is okay tho ? It does depend with radioactive decay especially when they try to trip you up though

That's the thing I feel like the topics are so relatively easy that they're going to find a way to make them extremely hard somehow
Both are relatively easy to remember so I would just recommend learning both really no harm in it

I thought the derivation was easy too but apparently students find it difficult to do and due to stress don't remember so maybe that.

I have feeling quantum physics will just be an experiment with LEDs estimating plancks or gold leaf that stuff or fluorescent tubes maybe?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending