Is this the height of student stupidity? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mark_KK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I have just got back after going out at around 7:00pm. Exactly the same group of people were waiting at the bus stop at The Lawns (Hull University Student Halls) as when I left.

I asked them what they are doing and it turns out they have devised a system by which they are sharing a seven bedroom house next academic year and the person who remains in the bus stop till last gets 1st choice on the room so 4th person to leave gets 4th choice etc...

They say that they are going to be there for aslong as it takes. People are bringing them food and they have sleeping bags. So far they have been there for around eight hours.

It is currently around 2 degrees c outside, is this the most stupid thing ever? Can anyone think of anything more crazy?
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
idiots.

its just a room for christ sake. as long as it has a bed it'll do the job really!
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't quite understand this but then I am tired.
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mark_KK)
It is currently around 2 degrees c outside, is this the most stupid thing ever? Can anyone think of anything more crazy?
Trying to suck vodka up your nose through a straw. It really, really hurts. Feels like the back of your eye is on fire and there's nothing you can do about it, and you roll around screaming "I'm going blind! BLIND!" and everyone else is in hysterics, and you're like "It's not funny! BLIIIND!!!"

...or so I'd imagine
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I don't quite understand this but then I am tired.
It's simple, there are seven rooms and whoever leaves first gets last choice. This continues until the winner gets first choice, 2nd place 2nd choice etc...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's simple, there are seven rooms and whoever leaves first gets last choice. This continues until the winner gets first choice, 2nd place 2nd choice etc...
Haha silly idiots don't they keep the same beds though ro do they change round every often? :confused:

I am cold now and I am in my room although my PJs are quite thin.
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Surely the person who leaves first will be able to scurry to the house and plant all his/her possessions into the best room and therefore counter any tactical work on anybody elses behalf? heh

Good night all.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Haha silly idiots don't they keep the same beds though ro do they change round every often? :confused:

I am cold now and I am in my room although my PJs are quite thin.
They are competing over room in their student house next academic year.
Mark_KK
Rep:
?
(Original post by afireinside©)
Surely the person who leaves first will be able to scurry to the house and plant all his/her possessions into the best room and therefore counter any tactical work on anybody elses behalf? heh

Good night all.
See above post.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
They are competing over room in their student house next academic year.
Just realised that after I posted it, far too tired tonight I am off to bed now. I will be thinking of those idiots in Hull. I have a horrible feeling they will not be fit enough for lectures for the next week.
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Reminds me of that marvellous piece of television "Touch the Truck".
Taldarion
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hahaha, i would have stood there and taunted them with hot water bottles
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think this is actually an amazing idea..
john !!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
that's the kinda thing I'd think of, and then realise "wait a second, that's quite a terrible idea", and all my friends would say the same, and we would just do something more sensible

eg. drawing straws, settle it with money..
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hat... pieces of paper with names on?

But no, endurance beats chance any day!
leopard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~ LOL hmm, i wonder if they're still there?? :rolleyes: Those idiots have forgotten aobut next year's room by now, no they're just in it to become the next Guiness Book of Records' 'Person waiting at the bus stop for the longest period of time'
mc_watson87
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I think this is actually an amazing idea..
Yea, that's wat i thort.
idiopathic
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
hat... pieces of paper with names on?

But no, endurance beats chance any day!
lol

what a legendary idea. am surprised it's not been turned into a Channel 4 programme.
leopard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
~ i still believe they're all WAY past the original purpose of this intelligent endurance game...now they just wanna be one of those randoms who get into the Guiness records book lifting 4 wheelbarrows on their chin on something... :p:
Ellie4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It's a great idea. You shouldn't get the best room through luck by picking a name out of a hat etc, you have to earn it!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.72%
Labour (320)
42.78%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.32%
Green Party (41)
5.48%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)