The Student Room Group

Cifas marker

Hello I was lied to by a friend saying his brother needs to send him money and he doesn’t have a bank so I let him use my bank and send the money thinking nothing of it at 16 year old, looking back at it now it was very dumb decision making because it has ruined my future. I gave it away and then the money was obviously fraudulent therefore I received a cat 6 CIFAs marker I tried repealing it they didn’t allow it I even tried the financial ombudsman which haven’t got back to me i am now 18 in a predicament because I need a bank for university.I have been denied by monese and suits me which I was referred to I don’t know what to do if anyone can kindly give me some banks that woudl do accept me and allow student finance I would be gravely thankful.
Reply 2
Any advice?
Original post by Abfi ahmed
Any advice?

The account I've linked is the best, I'll link some others. They're student finance reps. @SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Ashley @SFE Chanel @SFE Clare @SFE Dean @SFE Erin, etc, the list is endless, hopefully one replies!
Reply 4
Original post by CatInTheCorner
The account I've linked is the best, I'll link some others. They're student finance reps. @SFE Aaron @SFE Andrew @SFE Ashley @SFE Chanel @SFE Clare @SFE Dean @SFE Erin, etc, the list is endless, hopefully one replies!

Respectfully this isn't a problem for an SFE rep.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
Respectfully this isn't a problem for an SFE rep.

Oh, I thought OP was applying for student finance?
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Oh, I thought OP was applying for student finance?

They are, but all SFE will be able to do is confirm that they need a valid account that relates specifically to the student to pay the maintenance loan into. Tuition fees are paid directly to the uni so are not an issue.

All I can suggest is that the OP browses previous threads about CIFAS markers, (there’s a lot of them), to make a note of any other providers to try.
Original post by Admit-One
They are, but all SFE will be able to do is confirm that they need a valid account that relates specifically to the student to pay the maintenance loan into. Tuition fees are paid directly to the uni so are not an issue.

All I can suggest is that the OP browses previous threads about CIFAS markers, (there’s a lot of them), to make a note of any other providers to try.

Oh ok, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending