The Student Room Group

Best universities for law?

Hi all,

I am looking at studying law at university, what would you say the best universities for law are in the UK? There are so many and i'm not too sure how to narrow them all down.

Any advice would be awesome,
Thank you!
Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, KCL, Bristol, Durham, and Nottingham I think all are pretty well known for law. Edinburgh and Glasgow in Scotland, although I think Edinburgh may only offer Scots law. SOAS may be relevant if you're particularly interested in non-European legal systems and/or something like Islamic law, although in general probably not comparable to those previously mentioned.
Original post by #Rosie
Hi all,

I am looking at studying law at university, what would you say the best universities for law are in the UK? There are so many and i'm not too sure how to narrow them all down.

Any advice would be awesome,
Thank you!

Hi there @#Rosie

I personally looked at the universities which took the LNAT as an entrance test. I know it might not be the best practice so you can look at the universities in terms of their ranking. Try to use more non-biased websites like The Guardian, The Times etc. so you can get a fair view. Also, consider the graduate prospects and any industry connections the university has which sets it apart from others. I've created a pretty useful mindmap for choosing universities- it's more general but I'm sure you can adapt it to your situation: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/g/diagrams/considerations-when-choosing-a-university

I have loved studying law here at Durham because of the amazing professors and mentors always there to help you out. Many networking dinners, events, workshops, moots are organized regularly so you can get all sorts of experience. The law societies have been an incredible source of support and help too, so you never feel left out.

Don't forget to chat to students on UniBuddy or ask me any questions here about law at Durham!

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest