The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Biology Biological processes H420/01 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Guys for the water question, if i talked about specific heat capacity and latent heat of vapourisation because they gave the example in the question but didnt mention these words. would I downmarked or given 0

as i mentioned other topics as well= reactant, final electron acceptor, surface tension....

Ah this is stressing me out, is there 0% chance i will get 6 marks here.
Hey guys does anyone remember what the practical on biological membranes was? Was it the sucrose one or what exactly was it? sorry can't quite remember?
No, I doubt you will get 0 providing you wrote other things, what you mention like surface tension and reactant etc. will still be scored. From mark schemes I've seen in revision I would assume the stuff to do with specific heat capacity etc. would be in the 'ignore' column, so you won't get marks for it but you won't los any. In essence you can still get 6 marks providing everything else you wrote other than specific heat capacity/latent heat is worth 6 marks.
Original post by ZedTV
Guys for the water question, if i talked about specific heat capacity and latent heat of vapourisation because they gave the example in the question but didnt mention these words. would I downmarked or given 0

as i mentioned other topics as well= reactant, final electron acceptor, surface tension....

Ah this is stressing me out, is there 0% chance i will get 6 marks here.
For the gap fill I put GP instead of what the name for it is. Would that still be creditable do you think?
i wrote gp as well, i wouldnt think you had to specify it. ive never learnt the name.
Im sure it will be in the allow column, do you remember what the biological membranes practical was at all?
Original post by anon2003!
For the gap fill I put GP instead of what the name for it is. Would that still be creditable do you think?
Original post by hiiiiiiye2ue89
Im sure it will be in the allow column, do you remember what the biological membranes practical was at all?

the serial dilution and percentage uncertainty, and then control vairables and why they needed to be controlled
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by hiiiiiiye2ue89

Thats the beetroot experiment I guess. You put beetroot into various dilutions of ethanol or in different temperatures to measure the permeability of the plasma membrane. You then place the final result in a colorimeter and measure the absorbance of green filter. I don't think it matters anymore since it was only part of paper 1 which was last week so I don't think its necessary to learn it anymore
a rate of decrease should be positive if it's decreasing. a negative rate of decrease is a rate of increase!
Original post by nanami8
hi guys! if u have any questions about bio content let me know and i'll try my best to explain :smile:

hii, can you please explain the cell cycle to me?
Anyone know the grade boundary for an A*
Guys, just wondering how you all ended up
doing? i remember reading this thread and crying after all 3 papers but I went and got an A!!
Original post by spicyoo
Guys, just wondering how you all ended up
doing? i remember reading this thread and crying after all 3 papers but I went and got an A!!

Congrats on the A :smile:
a constant flow of water past the oxygen probe allows continuous monitoring of oxygen concentration. explain one other reason why it is necessary to maintain a constant flow of water in the respirometer. (2 marks)
Original post by nanami8
hi guys! if u have any questions about bio content let me know and i'll try my best to explain :smile:

hi, can you please answer this exam question:
a constant flow of water past the oxygen probe allows continuous monitoring of oxygen concentration.
state one reason why is it necessary to maintain a constant flow of waster in the respirometer

Quick Reply

Latest