Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3: 9BS0 03 - 16 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3 exam go for you?
Great! (10)
11.24%
Quite well (26)
29.21%
Not so good (28)
31.46%
Terrible! (25)
28.09%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Edexcel A Level Business Paper 3: Investigating business in a competitive environment 9BS0 03 - 16 Jun 2022

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be Image

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others Image

This thread covers the following papers:

• 9BS0 03 Paper 3 2h 16 June 2022 pm

Resources

Edexcel Spec // Edexcel Advance Information

Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
georgejon03
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hey everyone, do you know exactly how to prepare and what data to take? my mocks are tomorrow and I have no idea how to go about it
aishaax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s on the sports industry
aishaax
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by TomR4)
Hi, I am an independent candidate so I don't have a tutor or teacher who can provide the pre-release content for paper 3. I was just wondering if anyone has a file or screenshot of the pre-release paper 3 content so that I can do some research about the industry?

I'm aware that it is on the edexcel website but it is padlocked and apparently only verified exam officers can access the padlocked content
It’ on the sports industry, both retail and sports events.
cloudniineee
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
hey guys! how we all doing? :O
17177171Ammmmm
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
is the themes going to be in mixed up in all different sections or is section a going to have theme 1 and 2 and section b theme 3?
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 17177171Ammmmm)
is the themes going to be in mixed up in all different sections or is section a going to have theme 1 and 2 and section b theme 3?
all mixed
17177171Ammmmm
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cloudniineee)
all mixed
how are u preparing for the sports and retail. ive just been tryna link on the advanced information to it.
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
how are u preparing for the sports and retail. ive just been tryna link on the advanced information to it.
Same way I have been for every paper tbh. I’m also trying to make the links too!
LBFstudent
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I was just wondering what is the sole purpose of the advanced information of paper 3? Like how are we meant to put that into context if were already getting the extract in the exam paper
FirstAnchor
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LBFstudent)
Hi I was just wondering what is the sole purpose of the advanced information of paper 3? Like how are we meant to put that into context if were already getting the extract in the exam paper
Researching some of the areas on the pre-release might help you to get information which you can use as application.
orion reid
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LBFstudent)
the research is meant to give you context on the paper mainly so the topic area isn't alien to you when you see it and you can use bits from your research in your responses but it's not compulsory, we did do research and my school provided resources but a few teachers said it's just like any business paper with case studies like how paper 2 was a bit on the aviation industry and if you knew a bit about the aviation industry, you could have applied outside knowledge as well so paper 3 is just the same.

but i would say it's helpful having prior knowledge of the industry because it helps with easy application
Last edited by orion reid; 2 weeks ago
Str8Sika
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you guys think that the grade boundaries are going to be way higher this year because advanced information has meant that most people are familiar with the content unlike previous years. Or what do you think it would be to get an A
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Str8Sika)
Do you guys think that the grade boundaries are going to be way higher this year because advanced information has meant that most people are familiar with the content unlike previous years. Or what do you think it would be to get an A
I think it could potentially be the case which is why I’m slightly nervous I won’t get the grade I want
FirstAnchor
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Str8Sika)
Do you guys think that the grade boundaries are going to be way higher this year because advanced information has meant that most people are familiar with the content unlike previous years. Or what do you think it would be to geMayv
Maybe, also depends on the total mark for everyone across the 3 papers
Me309
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys,
Anyone got any resources like question papers for paper 3 based on the advanced info? Would rlly help
Me309
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey yeah I sent you it many thanks!!
Farj
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi could u also send it to me
17177171Ammmmm
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hows everyone researching the sports and retail
LBFstudent
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hows everyone researching the sports and retail
Did your teachers not provide you with the paper 3 research advanced information booklet where it has the sports and retail information?

If you look at ZigZag education for it, they have a lot of info for it
Last edited by LBFstudent; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.27%
As I expected (23)
29.87%
Harder (29)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.19%

Watched Threads