The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 1: 9EC0 01 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 1: Markets and Business Behaviour 9EC0 01 - 23 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

9EC0 01 Paper 1 2h 23 May 2022 pm

Resources

Specification: Edexcel economics

Advance Information: Edexcel A

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

hi, how are you guys revising for this paper
hows everyone revising ?
Original post by Lujxin.
hows everyone revising ?

Making sure I have content nailed down through flashcards and then applying knowledge through practice questions, I don’t really know what else to do tbh
How’s everyone feeling? Not long to go :/
Reply 5
Original post by studentLuna
How’s everyone feeling? Not long to go :/

I don't feel prepared enough ngl. Wby?
Original post by lehr07
I don't feel prepared enough ngl. Wby?

I just don’t like paper 1 content tbh. Theme 3 is 🤮 for me to wish it was all macroeconomics lol.

I’m trying to not panic and be as relaxed as possible
Does anyone have any ideas on what could come up as a 25 marker?
Also how much own knowledge for application is required to get over 20 marks? (like do you need to go in depth?)
Original post by teeras8
Does anyone have any ideas on what could come up as a 25 marker?
Also how much own knowledge for application is required to get over 20 marks? (like do you need to go in depth?)

I can’t really guess the 25 markers but yes you need to go into the most depth for the 25 markers as there’s a total of 16 marks for KAA (level based marking) much higher than the second high mark question (15 marks with 9 available for KAA) - so yes
Reply 9
Anyone know any predicted papers that are available or does anyone have any question predictions for the case study?
Original post by Jswinno
Anyone know any predicted papers that are available or does anyone have any question predictions for the case study?

yeah does anyone know ?? i cant seem to find any atal
Original post by yasmineparkinson
yeah does anyone know ?? i cant seem to find any atal

dont know
(edited 1 year ago)
I don't think this is a predicted paper (and it has some topics not mentioned in the advanced info) but its still useful
https://www.ezyeducation.co.uk/Downloads/EDEXCEL_Paper_1_(Set%202)_Question_Paper.pdf
https://www.ezyeducation.co.uk/Downloads/EDEXCEL_Paper_1_(Set%202)_Answer_Guide.pdf
ngl I am not too confident about the exam...I do edexcel
Original post by username5058856
I don't think this is a predicted paper (and it has some topics not mentioned in the advanced info) but its still useful
https://www.ezyeducation.co.uk/Downloads/EDEXCEL_Paper_1_(Set%202)_Question_Paper.pdf
https://www.ezyeducation.co.uk/Downloads/EDEXCEL_Paper_1_(Set%202)_Answer_Guide.pdf

this was really helpful, have you got any more papers?
Are you guys going to revise 1 day before the exam or refresh??
Original post by windsuo
Are you guys going to revise 1 day before the exam or refresh??

Probably just a refresh and relax
I think it might be tutor2u that has a bunch of new practice questions based on the advanced notice, my school bought them for us, I think they like £30 for the macro and £30 for micro, hopefully that helps for anyone looking for some practice q's
(edited 1 year ago)
I am going to combust at this point I've barely started revision and don't know what to do and I just don't get micro, only took eco in a levels not in o levels so I'm like lost and even with the advance info I don't know what to do😥Plz help at this point any advice on how to cram atleast the topics in advance info will do
Also not doing very well with eval can someone tell me what exactly would count as eval or give like a solid sample answer so I get how to structure it well - for longer questions like 10, 12, 15 and 25mks. Does it have to be an it depends on point or even a however point will do because I've also been told however points are just part of analysis.

Latest