Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 3: 9EC0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the A-Level Economics A Paper 3 exam go for you?
Great! (30)
14.42%
Quite well (100)
48.08%
Not so good (62)
29.81%
Terrible! (16)
7.69%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 3: Microeconomics and Macroeconomics 9EC0 03 - 13 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

-Exam Chat Thread-

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... This is the place to be Image

Feel free to chat about your exam, add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others Image

This thread covers the following papers:

• 9EC0 03 Paper 3 2h 13 June 2022 pm

Resources

Specification: Edexcel economics

Advance Information: Edexcel A

Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
jxn2234
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
does anyone have any timing tips for this paper? im finding it next to impossible to do properly esp the 12 marker
CuriousO
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jxn2234)
does anyone have any timing tips for this paper? im finding it next to impossible to do properly esp the 12 marker
I don't see why it would be any different to paper 1&2?
Just familiarise yourself with the marks for each question, so that you know how much you need to write for each component (KAA+Ev). Economics questions are just a tick box exercise when answering. Check the exam reports which contain top answers too
jxn2234
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
idk if youve done practice papers yet but this paper is def harder since in p1 and 2 u can speed thru section A and hence can spend more time elsewhere. for p3, if u do a mark a minute and 35 mins per 25 marker there is 0 free time and no time to read the extract either
lemono666
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
U don't need ur own knowledge for this paper right since there are extracts, even with the 25 marker?
t.hafsa
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My teacher always said having own knowledge is actually key to doing well on this paper because it is synoptic.

(Original post by lemono666)
U don't need ur own knowledge for this paper right since there are extracts, even with the 25 marker?
rosieee_mae1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Any predictions for 25 markers?
tulinb3
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
well of course it could be anything at all but at least we can eliminate the topics that have already come up ig, like not completely but I'm guessing it'll be like really broad questions on externalities maybe re. like development policies and emerging economies 4.3 or like supply/demand side policies kinda thing where you can relate it easily to effects on micro and macro agents ygm and there's a lot in labour markets too so perhaps that

just good luck to us all bc it'll be the last push to get as many marks

i just hope it isn't anything really like random and obscure and the extracts better be good they're quite useless sometimes, i just hope it's not like 'using your own knowledge of a country write xyz' bc that is verryy loonggg
Lucifer M
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rosieee_mae1234)
Any predictions for 25 markers?
No. What is it that you desire?
anon_a4
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
do we need to learn developing country case studies ?
Last edited by anon_a4; 2 weeks ago
marghe.sacchi14
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by anon_a4)
do we need to learn developing country case studies ?
Defo!!!! Especially as growth and development is in the advanced info
abid24
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
any good examples to use for devloping country case studies?
marghe.sacchi14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by abid24)
Check out tutor2u’s Vietnam video recently published
marghe.sacchi14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by abid24)
Ivory Coast, madagascar have primary product dependency
Whilst Rwanda is great for landlocked example and civil war
Lujxin.
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
any predictions for this paper ?
jxn2234
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
the main topics are development and labour markets so def expect 25 markers on that. since theyve been nice lately i expect a question as straight forward as discuss the micro/macro strategies/factors influencing development
marghe.sacchi14
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jxn2234)
the main topics are development and labour markets so def expect 25 markers on that. since theyve been nice lately i expect a question as straight forward as discuss the micro/macro strategies/factors influencing development
Yep growth and development
hodgeeeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
What's the recommended structure for the 25 marker? Is it one macro one micro point, or two of each
rosieee_mae1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
So what order do people usually do this paper in? I was thinking of starting with 25 marker then 12 8 5 then do the same with second question?
drowninalevels
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
How would they ask the questions on development? Like surely it won't be as simple as "Discuss/evaluate/assess the factors influencing development" or "Discuss/evaluate/assess the strategies influencing development" Does anyone have any ideas how the questions might be worded?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
28.95%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
35.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (7)
9.21%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.95%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.26%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.16%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.63%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads