The Student Room Group

Starting from semester 2 at uni

Honestly I'm confused. Can someone explain what happens when you start attending university from semester 2 ? Do we stay another extra semester than the rest to cover up that semester we missed ?
Its common to have Jan intakes which will start in - effectively - semester 2. The Jan intake cohort should complete the S1 modules and then do the S2 modules from May-July.
Reply 2
Original post by mike23mike
Its common to have Jan intakes which will start in - effectively - semester 2. The Jan intake cohort should complete the S1 modules and then do the S2 modules from May-July.

Thankyou for the reply.
But there's still modules completed in semester 1. What happensto those if you start from july (S2)? What happens to the previous semester (S1) ?
Sorry if you can't understand this, my first language is not english.
Hey,

Usually, the university would have different starting points, i.e., Coventry has September, January and May starting points. I would contact your university for more information. Starting at a different point in the year still means you have to complete all the necessary modules, it just may have a different time frame to September starts.

See what your uni says as they're the best contact point :smile:

I hope this helps,
Sara
Coventry University Student Rep
Reply 4
Original post by Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Hey,

Usually, the university would have different starting points, i.e., Coventry has September, January and May starting points. I would contact your university for more information. Starting at a different point in the year still means you have to complete all the necessary modules, it just may have a different time frame to September starts.

See what your uni says as they're the best contact point :smile:

I hope this helps,
Sara
Coventry University Student Rep

Thanks for the advise. I should probably contact them.
Hi there,

I am a May starter myself. so I know how the May intake course works. So, if you are may starter at Coventry University, semester 1 will start from 16/05/2022 to 13/08/2022. Semester 2 will start from 12/09/2022 to 10/12/2022. Semester 3 will start from 16/01/2023 to 15/04/2023. I'm not sure about the schedule at another university, but I'm hoping you'll have an idea of how the May intake course works.

Kylie Ng, Student Ambassador
MSc Internation Marketing Management
Coventry University
My masters have Jan and September intakes.

But all modules (law) are stand alone and so can be done in any way round. So it works fine at masters level when all courses are only one semester long.

Quick Reply

Latest