The Student Room Group

Any unis that will accept me

I want to do computer science but have a 4 in maths and done an applied science btec D*DD. Willing to do a foundation year
Reply 1
Loads - but wouldn’t it be easier to resit gcse maths?
Original post by Hussein019283
I want to do computer science but have a 4 in maths and done an applied science btec D*DD. Willing to do a foundation year

Firstly can you resit your Maths as that would open up your options. Most leading universities require A level Maths but last year I put together a list of universities that accept students without A level Maths. What the position is regarding yoUr BTEC is I dont know but I suspect it wont matter. The only way to know is to contact admissions at the university Here is the list I prepared
Computer Science without A Level Maths

Aberystwyth grade C or4 GCSE
Aston grade 4 GCSE
Cardiff grade 6 GCSE
East Anglia grade 5 GCSE. Accepts A level in Computing Science and other subjects
Keele grade 4 GCSE
Kent grade 4 GCSE
Lancaster grade 6 GCSE
Leeds grade 6 GCSE Accepts Computing
Liverpool grade 4 GCSE Accepts Computer science
Newcastle grade 6 GCSE
Nottingham grade 5 Accepts Computing
Queen Mary grade 5 Accepts Computer Science
Reading Maths, Physics or Computer Science grade 6
Royal Holloway grade 6 accepts CS, Maths or Physics
Sussex grade 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly can you resit your Maths as that would open up your options. Most leading universities require A level Maths but last year I put together a list of universities that accept students without A level Maths. What the position is regarding yoUr BTEC is I dont know but I suspect it wont matter. The only way to know is to contact admissions at the university Here is the list I prepared

Aston grade 4 GCSE
Cardiff grade 6 GCSE
East Anglia grade 5 GCSE. Accepts A level in Computing Science and other subjects
Keele grade 4 GCSE
Kent grade 4 GCSE
Lancaster grade 6 GCSE
Newcastle grade 6 GCSE
Sussex grade 6

This list is some dedication!
Original post by swanseajack1

Aston grade 4 GCSE
Cardiff grade 6 GCSE
Keele grade 4 GCSE
Kent grade 4 GCSE
Lancaster grade 6 GCSE
Newcastle grade 6 GCSE
Sussex grade 6

It didnt take that long to put together. Difficulty is that it is a couple of years old so does need checking. If it is of help to people then the time spent is worthwhile.

Quick Reply

Latest