The Student Room Group

Should I do Biology or Economics A Level?

I have already chosen 2 A Levels and I have absolutely no idea what to do for my third, and I'm going to an engineering sixth form so the options are quite limited. I get 5s and 6s in Biology and 6s in Maths (Maths I am already doing), and I'm predicted a 7 for both. This is literally just a filler subject I have no interest in pursuing a career in either, but those are the A Levels that I am considering for my third option.
Reply 1
Original post by herme1a
I have already chosen 2 A Levels and I have absolutely no idea what to do for my third, and I'm going to an engineering sixth form so the options are quite limited. I get 5s and 6s in Biology and 6s in Maths (Maths I am already doing), and I'm predicted a 7 for both. This is literally just a filler subject I have no interest in pursuing a career in either, but those are the A Levels that I am considering for my third option.

which 2 have you already chosen?maths and _______?
Reply 3
Original post by mj04
which 2 have you already chosen?maths and _______?

I've chosen computer science and maths
I do economics and not bio - economics has fairly little maths (probably less than you're expecting) and essays so if essay writing is not your thing then I would say bio. However, judging by my experience and seeing people who take biology, I would say economic seems easier and the mark schemes are a lot less specific than biology, so if you aren't interested in either of then then economics is probably better
Original post by herme1a

Heya! It's up to you really! I did a-levels in chemistry, biology, economics and maths. Economics barely has any maths in it, as stated by others its all about writing essays and knowing diagrams. Biology has some maths in it. Personally I have always found economics much easier to do as they were just essays and you could usually tell what type of question would be in the exam if you do lots of past papers (there was always a trend). Biology was much harder for me as you could not really predict what type of questions would be in the exam and they were usually more challenging.

At the end of the day it is up to you and your preferences! I did my undergraduate in pure science and now I have decided I wanted to do science with business so having done economics a-levels was extremely helpful. Good luck with everything!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk
Reply 6
Original post by Medic Mind
Heya! It's up to you really! I did a-levels in chemistry, biology, economics and maths. Economics barely has any maths in it, as stated by others its all about writing essays and knowing diagrams. Biology has some maths in it. Personally I have always found economics much easier to do as they were just essays and you could usually tell what type of question would be in the exam if you do lots of past papers (there was always a trend). Biology was much harder for me as you could not really predict what type of questions would be in the exam and they were usually more challenging.

At the end of the day it is up to you and your preferences! I did my undergraduate in pure science and now I have decided I wanted to do science with business so having done economics a-levels was extremely helpful. Good luck with everything!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk

this really helped in me making my mind up, Economics seems like the right fit for me! Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 7
thank you so much! this has helped confirm my choices and ill be doing economics a level :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest