How is it possible to eat a vanilla slice?

Watch this thread
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Can someone explain the technique :yum:

flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Ooh that looks delish! I'd try just biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:
PAR2MED
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth, sideways.

It's the only way
goggleyed
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Open your gob and shove it in. You’re welcome.
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
You eat the icing bit first, then the custard then the last bit of pastry :yum:
Leslie Knope
Report 4 months ago
Eat the icing from the top, then the bottom and then the sponge in the middle.
Hannah_lynx
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
turn it on its side, then take a bite!
5hyl33n
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Can someone explain the technique :yum:

Good question. The first time I tried it, I used a fork. Not a good idea.

Now, I usually take the top part of the icing off, eat a bit of the custard in the middle and then put the top of the icing back on top. This makes the slice easier to fit in my mouth when I take a bite.
ihaider123
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by PAR2MED)
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth, sideways.

It's the only way
great idea! if your eating out maybe use a fork! and scoop up the inside onto your fork
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Start off ladylike then get dirty
penguingirl18
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Please explain a vanilla slice to the uninitiated?
Spelunker
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
scrape out the custard with your filthy fingers, keep that in your back pocket for later. scarf down the wafers in one go.
the bear
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
stick it in your cakehole

PAR2MED
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by penguingirl18)
as the picture! Two layers of thin, sweet puff pastry, top and bottom, with the top layer iced. In the middle is a very thick layer of custard in the middle.

Note that the custard is not like that from a tin of ambrosia, it's much firmer and gelatinous - however it will still squish down everywhere when you take a bite, and spill out all over your nice clean clothes if you are a custard slice novice.
penguingirl18
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
as the picture! Two layers of thin, sweet puff pastry, top and bottom, with the top layer iced. In the middle is a very thick layer of custard in the middle.

Note that the custard is not like that from a tin of ambrosia, it's much firmer and gelatinous - however it will still squish down everywhere when you take a bite, and spill out all over your nice clean clothes if you are a custard slice novice.
Sounds yummy. :drool:
PAR2MED
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Sounds yummy. :drool:
they are really rather delicious, but I am very partial to a pastry if given half a chance
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by flaurie)
biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:
You have to insert the entire thing in your mouth
(Original post by goggleyed)
Open your gob and shove it in.
(Original post by Hannah_lynx)
turn it on its side, then take a bite!
(Original post by harrysbar)
Mm kinky 😂
CoolCavy
Rep:
(Original post by flaurie)
Ooh that looks delish! I'd try just biting down on one end and being ready for the custard splurge :giggle:
This is the struggle :argh:
CoolCavy
Rep:
An impenetrable slice of yum

Impossible to eat without making a huge mess
CoolCavy
Rep:
(Original post by harrysbar)
(Original post by the bear)
stick it in your cakehole

O my :teehee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top