Help with PERSONAL STATEMENT 🎓

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi, I am currently applying for an education course on UCAS and want to write my personal statement. I am currently stuck as to what to write about.
I have looked on google and even TSR but they all mention primary teaching.

I am looking for a personal statement for Education only. Does anyone know where I can find examples of personal statements for education? (that does NOT mention primary teaching)

Thanks x
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
The 'teaching' personal statements here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-and-teaching/ seem to be about education (not mentioning the primary ed/pgce)
Bare in mind that they're student submitted and of varying quality though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by flaurie)
The 'teaching' personal statements here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...-and-teaching/ seem to be about education (not mentioning the primary ed/pgce)
Bare in mind that they're student submitted and of varying quality though
Hi, thank you for your help
but after looking through them all, they all seem to be mentioning teaching.
Anonymous #1
:bump:
University of Derby
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I am currently applying for an education course on UCAS and want to write my personal statement. I am currently stuck as to what to write about.
I have looked on google and even TSR but they all mention primary teaching.

I am looking for a personal statement for Education only. Does anyone know where I can find examples of personal statements for education? (that does NOT mention primary teaching)

Thanks x

Hi there,

Sounds exciting! We have lots of online resources available to help you write your personal statement, whether you're looking to study with us or not.

You can find a full guide on how to write one via the below link - and we even have a 'Personal Statement Writer' at the bottom of the page to help get you started:
https://www.derby.ac.uk/undergraduat...nal-statement/

Best of luck
UOD student rep
Last edited by University of Derby; 3 months ago
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Famous on the experiences you have gathered related to your course, and things you have read, why you are interested in course and why you would make a suitable candidate. PS on the internet tend to be lacking in quality, generally so I wouldn't look at them for inspiration.
Last edited by Anonymous1502; 3 months ago
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hi, like with all personal statements, you should write about: why Education interests you as a course (if there are any specific modules you find interesting then mention these); write about the skillset you have that will help you succeed on the course - such as academic skills and any knowledge you have of Education, such as work experience or things you have read/experienced. Write about something that makes you stand out from other candidates, something personal in your life that is different from others. You can also write about what inspired you to want to do this course/why you are passionate about it.

You should also write about some of the values/ethics in Education and why you feel these are important and how you fulfil this. There are values such as 'honesty' 'responsibility' and 'confidentiality' https://www.ecoleglobale.com/blog/et...onsibility.%20 . There are many more (such as 'diversity') so do some research and pick one or two and show how you demonstrate this.

If there is one specific university you want, then write about why them, why their course, university and city.

Here are some tips: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/how...UCAS%20website.

There should be someone at your school who's job is to look through your personal statements and help you with them, so make sure to make use of that opportunity

I wish you the best in writing your personal statement and getting into the course and university you want.

- Rosie
Last edited by hallamstudents; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
31.75%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (58)
46.03%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.79%

Watched Threads