The Student Room Group

History GCSE Depth Studies - does it change between school

Does the history gcse depth study change between school. My school is doing the Arab-Israeli conflict. Have any of you guys done it before. What is it like?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey, at my school we only do the cold war as a deep study. I have some knowledge of the Arab-Israeli war though, and it gets quite messy at times. good luck!
My school also does Conflict in the Middle East! It's really interesting, but you have to be really good at remembering the causes and consequences of each event, and it can be difficult not to get the different wars and UN resolutions mixed up.

ETA: There aren't a lot of resources for the topic either since it's quite rare to study (I once heard that something like 30 schools in total do it in the UK) so you have to probably make your own or hope your school helps you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by redblue13
My school also does Conflict in the Middle East! It's really interesting, but you have to be really good at remembering the causes and consequences of each event, and it can be difficult not to get the different wars and UN resolutions mixed up.

ETA: There aren't a lot of resources for the topic either since it's quite rare to study (I once heard that something like 30 schools in total do it in the UK) so you have to probably make your own or hope your school helps you.

awesome thats good to know thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest