The Student Room Group

LPC Interviewing & Advising Exam - Not yet competent?

Hi guys! At BPP, during my I&A exam, I forgot to ask about one of the issues so I forgot to give advice on that issue as well as not dwelling too much into the advantages and disadvantages of the other options due to lack of time. All else was fine with the exception of some audio trouble which they knew about and so I had to ask them to repeat stuff twice, fumbling in the beginning of the questioning (not too much), may have forgotten to hum/nod/look at camera (I am unsure on the camera point since I did have to look up twice to ask them to repeat) while they were giving the info spiel since I was writing it all down and I had to slightly rush the conclusion (5 mins left - still very understandable but may have not done the next steps part though did ask them to come back with instructions once they felt they had chosen one of the options I gave which were 3). Still finished within the time limit. I asked the relevant questions by following the legal note and they screenshared the agreement with me. I let the client choose from the options that I gave. Do you think I will pass even if I forgot to do/did all that?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Same here, did you pass after all?I followed the structure in the Guide, but could not hear some parts of client’s history, asked very few questions. The only part I think I may have borderline passed is my advising where I explained the general legal position and provided options and explained their pros and cons (although its likely I have not addressed all his concerns, because I couldnt really hear what he said in the beginning)Anyone one else here had a horrible I
Reply 2
Hi! No I didn’t unfortunately. Gonna redo it with insolvency preferences tomorrow. Hope you pass.
Original post by Acelow
Hi! No I didn’t unfortunately. Gonna redo it with insolvency preferences tomorrow. Hope you pass.

I can’t pm you - what was your feedback?
Reply 4
(Original post by Bckeowp)I can’t pm you - what was your feedback?

Hi! I don’t remember much as I did it a long time ago but I remember that asking for the document (don’t remember which one - maybe the articles of association) was the first question I did. As for feedback, they said that I took a long time going over my options and muddled them a bit as the scenario was confusing (you always have 3 options to give). I did say everything I wanted though.
Original post by Acelow
(Original post by Bckeowp)I can’t pm you - what was your feedback?

Hi! I don’t remember much as I did it a long time ago but I remember that asking for the document (don’t remember which one - maybe the articles of association) was the first question I did. As for feedback, they said that I took a long time going over my options and muddled them a bit as the scenario was confusing (you always have 3 options to give). I did say everything I wanted though.

Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I think I messed up the options as I only gave two... what were the options you gave if you can remember?
Reply 6
(Original post by Bckeowp)Hi! Thanks so much for responding. I think I messed up the options as I only gave two... what were the options you gave if you can remember?

Hi! No worries. I think one of them was negotiating (no matter the scenario this one is always right to mention) so if you mentioned it you are fine. Unfortunately, I don’t remember the other two. So sorry for this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending