Imperial College London A100 2022 Offer Holders

Watch this thread
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Welcome to the Imperial A100 2022 Offer Holders thread! Congratulations on your offer :yay:

For general information click: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/medicine/...bs-programmes/

TSR volunteers becausethenight and AnnaBananana are current Imperial medics, so we can also try and answer any questions

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by becausethenight; 3 months ago
John Wick11
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Thanks BTN
:dancing::dancing::dancing:
AnnaBananana
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations all!

I can’t believe it’s this time of year already! Time flies when you’re having fun… I’m a current year 3, so will be on my intercalation year when you all start. I was in Woodward halls when I was a first year, so if there’s anything specific anyone wants to know about that then let me know.
danthedean
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations everyone! Can't describe how happy I am! I wanted to ask if you guys have got an official email from ICL yet detailing the offer?
KamiElstob
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by danthedean)
Congratulations everyone! Can't describe how happy I am! I wanted to ask if you guys have got an official email from ICL yet detailing the offer?
So far all I have is an email that basically says “we’ve sent your decision via UCAS” and nothing to do with an offer, the next steps etc
cmf2907
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by danthedean)
Congratulations! I've only had the email to tell me a decision has been made and I'm hoping they'll send a follow up email about the DBS because I have no idea what it is!
John Wick11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by AnnaBananana)
Congratulations all!

I can’t believe it’s this time of year already! Time flies when you’re having fun… I’m a current year 3, so will be on my intercalation year when you all start. I was in Woodward halls when I was a first year, so if there’s anything specific anyone wants to know about that then let me know.
Hi,
How was the daily commute from Acton to South Ken?
If you could choose your hall again would you have gone with the same?
Tysm
AnnaBananana
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by John Wick11)
Hi,
How was the daily commute from Acton to South Ken?
If you could choose your hall again would you have gone with the same?
Tysm
On the whole the commute was fine - there were weeks when it felt like a drag, and others when it was great fun - I met my flatmates for second year on the commute. On balance I would be happy to go to WW again - even though I didn’t particularly hit it off with my flatmates. I loved my room, there was always something happening, and the balance between the cost and the commute gave me more money for my social life which was a big plus.
dfnndkasgj
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I have to complete this DBS thing by the end of june, how soon can I get it done?
John Wick11
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
On the whole the commute was fine - there were weeks when it felt like a drag, and others when it was great fun - I met my flatmates for second year on the commute. On balance I would be happy to go to WW again - even though I didn’t particularly hit it off with my flatmates. I loved my room, there was always something happening, and the balance between the cost and the commute gave me more money for my social life which was a big plus.
PRSOM

How long is the commute?
Thanks again
rareren
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
hi, it's so weird to think I might be going to school with the people on this thread in a few months lol,, does anyone know how to fill in the DBS form?
bizzy121
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
not an offer holder yet haha (HOPEFULLY by next week ) but ive been eyeing up the accoms so much recently i need to ask! so even though you didn't hit off with your flatmates, was it easy to hang around with other friends in their flats in WW?
AnnaBananana
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by bizzy121)
not an offer holder yet haha (HOPEFULLY by next week ) but ive been eyeing up the accoms so much recently i need to ask! so even though you didn't hit off with your flatmates, was it easy to hang around with other friends in their flats in WW?
I got on ok with most of my first year flatmates, there was only one out of the 8 that I didn’t like, but the rest I could live with easily for first year with no problems, but didn’t really hit it off enough to want to carry on living with them for another year. When I met my now flatmates, a couple were in another block in WW, the rest were over the road, it was easy to go hang out with them and join them for movies/cocktails/pizza/whatever.
KamiElstob
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I got on ok with most of my first year flatmates, there was only one out of the 8 that I didn’t like, but the rest I could live with easily for first year with no problems, but didn’t really hit it off enough to want to carry on living with them for another year. When I met my now flatmates, a couple were in another block in WW, the rest were over the road, it was easy to go hang out with them and join them for movies/cocktails/pizza/whatever.
Hiya, sorry for another question for you, but what is the work-life balance like at imperial? I’m excited to go but want to get involved in several societies but I don’t want to commit to things I don’t have time to do obv
AnnaBananana
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by KamiElstob)
Hiya, sorry for another question for you, but what is the work-life balance like at imperial? I’m excited to go but want to get involved in several societies but I don’t want to commit to things I don’t have time to do obv
The workload is high, it’s important to keep up with the pace but there is time for a social life too!

This year I’ve held a position on the med SU which has involved lots of meeting and planning/attending events, have been involved with a sports club, worked a few shifts giving vaccines and have done a bit of online tutoring, had time to go out socially with friends and had nights in with flatmates with pizza/cocktails etc, I’ve mentored two students on Zero Gravity, and spent most weekends with my fiancée who’s at uni in a different town. I’ve mostly been able to keep on top of my studies by using any spare time during the day to study and haven’t had to do much academic stuff at night. We’ve got about 9 weeks until our end of year exams, an 8 week placement block starts tomorrow, and I feel like everything is under control and I don’t need to panic about exams.

So I think you can see that it’s not all work, you can have a life as well. There are students that spend a lot more hours studying than I do (and let everyone know what a superior work ethic and commitment they have 🙄) but my view is that the course is six years long and you need a balance both for your mental health and to make it sustainable and not get burnt out.
Last edited by AnnaBananana; 3 months ago
dozaraf
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
anyone else definitely firming?
Milmo02
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know how the DBS check works? Do we do it independently or does the uni send us an email with more information?
Vetrix42
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dozaraf)
Yep me
Amazingstudent27
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by dozaraf)
Of courseeee
Amazingstudent27
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Milmo02)
Does anyone know how the DBS check works? Do we do it independently or does the uni send us an email with more information?
I hope so because I have absolutely 0 idea right now how it works 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads