Are "Money Survey" or "Product Testing" Apps legit?

Watch this thread
MagicMG
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
As I have been researching stuff for Uni, I've been getting ads talking about apps where people can get money from answering surveys, or by testing products and being able to keep them. As so, as someone who is curious about them but questions the validity and safety of these apps, do they actually work or are they just generic scams that will steal my money and run?
katastrophic
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MagicMG)
As I have been researching stuff for Uni, I've been getting ads talking about apps where people can get money from answering surveys, or by testing products and being able to keep them. As so, as someone who is curious about them but questions the validity and safety of these apps, do they actually work or are they just generic scams that will steal my money and run?
Hi! So I used to use a survey website during lockdown (won't share the name so it doesn't like I'm advertising but it's already pretty popular). I did about 10-20 surveys and one ended up with me taste-testing some cereal (Oreo-Os so that was actually amazing). In the end, I think I got about £5 or so to use on Amazon. It was legit - as in they gave me the money and I haven't had any data concerns - but it was a lot of work for relatively little reward. If you're looking to get a better amount of money, especially for uni, I'd just look into a part-time iob.

To find safe sites - I suggest avoiding advertised searches on Google and once you find a particular website, peek at its privacy/t&s and find reviews for it. Same procedure with almost anything online really. ALSO, the Instagram/Facebook ads of these types of sites tend to lead to dodgy places, so I suggest doing your own research on news articles and stuff. Best of luck!
MagicMG
Rep:
(Original post by katastrophic)
Hi! So I used to use a survey website during lockdown (won't share the name so it doesn't like I'm advertising but it's already pretty popular). I did about 10-20 surveys and one ended up with me taste-testing some cereal (Oreo-Os so that was actually amazing). In the end, I think I got about £5 or so to use on Amazon. It was legit - as in they gave me the money and I haven't had any data concerns - but it was a lot of work for relatively little reward. If you're looking to get a better amount of money, especially for uni, I'd just look into a part-time iob.

To find safe sites - I suggest avoiding advertised searches on Google and once you find a particular website, peek at its privacy/t&s and find reviews for it. Same procedure with almost anything online really. ALSO, the Instagram/Facebook ads of these types of sites tend to lead to dodgy places, so I suggest doing your own research on news articles and stuff. Best of luck!
Alrighty, thank you so much for your answer! I really appreciate it!
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I've done some - it is a very low rate of pay per hour. But as something mindless to do while watching TV it is at least a bit of free pocket money.
MagicMG
Rep:
(Original post by skylark2)
I've done some - it is a very low rate of pay per hour. But as something mindless to do while watching TV it is at least a bit of free pocket money.
Okay, I'll keep that in mind! I was thinking about it as an additional source of money alongside a part-time job in my free-time at uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads