The Student Room Group

Dropping out as an international student

I’d really appreciate any insight: I’m a current first year med student (international) and if I drop out of uni, would I be allowed to re apply for any other course? (I understand I can’t apply to med school In UK ever again. Would this have an effect on my visa as in it would be harder to re apply for one again?
Original post by Anonymous
I’d really appreciate any insight: I’m a current first year med student (international) and if I drop out of uni, would I be allowed to re apply for any other course? (I understand I can’t apply to med school In UK ever again. Would this have an effect on my visa as in it would be harder to re apply for one again?

Any other course at the same university or another one? Have you thought about applying before dropping out?
Reply 2
Original post by laurenpryer
Any other course at the same university or another one? Have you thought about applying before dropping out?

Another one preferably. And no, I’m doing terribly in terms of my mental health and feel like I could use a break where I gain enough work experience and submit a compelling PS in terms of my next application cycle
Original post by Anonymous
Another one preferably. And no, I’m doing terribly in terms of my mental health and feel like I could use a break where I gain enough work experience and submit a compelling PS in terms of my next application cycle

I see. I'm sorry to hear about your mental health situation, it sounds like a break would be the right choice. I can't give any insight on the visa application, but I would approach the desired university and put your inquiry to them. Also, even though you are going to drop out of your current university, I would approach their mental health services if you haven't already for support while you go through this. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending