The Student Room Group

Do you find this disgusting?

My friends added random guys onto the groupchat and they started making jokes about rape and I said to stop because some people may find it hard to read. Also I have experienced it and my friends know but they kept going on even though I said I find it traumatising to talk about and the guys were saying women are weak that's why they get raped. How is this acceptable? What should I do?
Reply 1
Leave the group chat and create another.
Original post by Anonymous
My friends added random guys onto the groupchat and they started making jokes about rape and I said to stop because some people may find it hard to read. Also I have experienced it and my friends know but they kept going on even though I said I find it traumatising to talk about and the guys were saying women are weak that's why they get raped. How is this acceptable? What should I do?

Completely leave the group chat it is pure idiotic of them to make fun of or even a joke as serious as rape. Totally unprofessional and immature what sort of friends are these and I sincerely apologise of the fact you were a victim of rape but did they ever consider how you would feel or the fact that you would get hurt? “Don’t stick with the wrong crowd” :frown::s-smilie:. Rather than joking/banter I would have sat down with you for encouragement, to provide support and help and advice from organisations and to reassure you check on your mental health and well-being that’s what you call friends and how truly respect is event.
(edited 2 years ago)
Your friends added random people to a group chat to make rape jokes in front of you, when you've experienced rape? And then, they victim blamed? Leave it and unfriend them as soon as possible. I'm sorry you've had to go through that.
Original post by Anonymous

Leave the group chat -since you're uncomfortable with it you shouldn't be there.
They did it on purpose and they're not your friends. Don't speak to them again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending