The Student Room Group

Tall = Older?

Really intrigued as to why people associate taller people with being older ? My friend is quite tall but is only 16 and is eligible for a child’s ticket on the bus but always gets denied and has now resorted to getting adults tickets coz she doesn’t want to cause a problem...
Original post by samiii_00
Really intrigued as to why people associate taller people with being older ? My friend is quite tall but is only 16 and is eligible for a child’s ticket on the bus but always gets denied and has now resorted to getting adults tickets coz she doesn’t want to cause a problem...

Because for children there's an extremely strong correlation between age and height.

Can't your friend get some ID with her age on? Lots of bus companies do it.
Original post by samiii_00

Because for children there's an extremely strong correlation between age and height.

Can't your friend get some ID with her age on? Lots of bus companies do it.
Dunno really.

My 16 year old daughter is taller than me, and I'm taller than my 72 year old mother.

Quick Reply

Latest