The Student Room Group

I'm being paranoid, I need help

Since before the Pandemic, I've been good friends with someone online. He's from another country. We have good times together, often watch anime, play a lot of different games and I've probably spent more time with him than most of my other friends.
He has given me no reason to ever really doubt his friendship.
I find myself doubting everything recently though. For example, he told me that tonight he was going offline because he was tired but one of his profiles was still online. Now I KNOW that he has no reason to lie about going off, because we have been very open with each other. If he wants to go play with someone else, he'll say. If he's busy, he will say.
But because ONE profile is online, I find my brain telling me that he lied and he's avoiding me because I done something.
Now, I know that if I really had done something, it is likely he would just tell me instead of beating around the bush, but I still can't get rid of the feeling.
I do have anxiety issues and I know that all of this can be caused by that, but I don't want to feel like this. More importantly, I don't want to say something to him which in turn could just end our friendship.
Reply 1
Overthinking this. Maybe he accidently stayed logged in to something, but even if he's active, that's fine. He doesn't have to make you a priority and he can be online and chatting with others, playing games etc. Maybe your real-life friends say they're busy when they just want a break to do their own thing, but it doesn't show up because they're not online. It's not healthy to be checking his profiles, so if he says he's not going to be around, accept it and find something else to do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending