The Student Room Group

AQA A level History-does anyone bother with adding in historiography

question is self-explanatory

im extremely confused about adding historiography because i was so confident it would boost my marks however I'm currently questioning adding them in my essay because of the mixed responses im getting from student room
so what does wider reading really mean,is it learning extra facts outside of textbook and historiography?

I'm in as btw (britsh empire 1857-1967 and transformation into china 1936-1997)
(edited 2 years ago)
I do AQA History A Level as well, but I do Religious Changes (1529-70) and Political Stability of Germany (1871-1991) and for that my class has never been told to do anything with a historiography.
In my NEA, which was about American Foreign Policy between (1918-2015) I had two paragraphs about the context of two historians with two differing opinions on my topic, and then another two paragraphs about their views and why they may have had these beliefs.
But apart from that, a historiography has never been mentioned.
Sorry for the late reponse (no excuses) Thanks though for the input, but just checked,realised in atleast 1 of 2 of my history courses, historiography is required for higher marks,but thanks again,
Original post by Velvet cake
Sorry for the late reponse (no excuses) Thanks though for the input, but just checked,realised in atleast 1 of 2 of my history courses, historiography is required for higher marks,but thanks again,

Oh wow, maybe I need to check with my teachers then that I don't need to include that!
Original post by Velvet cake
question is self-explanatory

im extremely confused about adding historiography because i was so confident it would boost my marks however I'm currently questioning adding them in my essay because of the mixed responses im getting from student room
so what does wider reading really mean,is it learning extra facts outside of textbook and historiography?

I'm in as btw (britsh empire 1857-1967 and transformation into china 1936-1997)

If you don’t mention it - you essentially loose 10 marks/stops you from getting into the highest bands

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending