The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Admin at King's

Hello,

The admin at King's has a pretty bad reputation- does anyone know if this has changed over recent years? Particularly for the medicine course?

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
The admin at King's has a pretty bad reputation

What do you mean by 'admin' - Faculty staff, Admissions staff, who exactly?
And where did you get this value judgment from?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
What do you mean by 'admin' - Faculty staff, Admissions staff, who exactly?
And where did you get this value judgment from?

I've seen on blog posts and youtube videos (from kings students) talking about how they wouldn't get their timetable until the day of/be told they have placement an hour before they need to be on the wards
I've seen on blog posts and youtube videos (from kings students) talking about how they wouldn't get their timetable until the day of/be told they have placement an hour before they need to be on the wards

So this is spedifically 'timetabling staff in the Med School' - and those YouTube opinions coud have been from years ago, or if more recently were impacted by covid-chaos. And you are going to base your University choice on that?
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
So this is spedifically 'timetabling staff in the Med School' - and those YouTube opinions coud have been from years ago, or if more recently were impacted by covid-chaos. And you are going to base your University choice on that?

I had seen them quite consistently over quite a few years
obvs i'm not going to base my uni decision on that, it was more to consider whether commuting would logistically work (like being told you have to be somewhere in an hour would be near impossible) :smile:
I had seen them quite consistently over quite a few years
obvs i'm not going to base my uni decision on that, it was more to consider whether commuting would logistically work (like being told you have to be somewhere in an hour would be near impossible) :smile:

Hiii, Kings med student here :smile:) admin is still awful, BUT they wouldn't expect you to be somewhere within an hour.

Normally you'll know where to be at the latest the day before
Is the bad admin limited to the med school, or is that true of the whole uni? (I'm wondering as I've applied for English.)
(edited 2 years ago)
can confirm kings faculty assessment board and those in charge of the appeal process sent me into what my therapist calls a 'severe depression.' :smile: Absolutely horrific, they do not give a single fck about any of us or care about making any changes anytime soon. Impossible to fight the big machine that is kcl admin so the only way of letting off steam is on here lol
(edited 8 months ago)
Hello,

The admin at King's has a pretty bad reputation- does anyone know if this has changed over recent years? Particularly for the medicine course?

Thank you

it’s a perfectly reasonable thing to ask
last year, particularly, the admin for medicine admissions was a catastrophe according to multiple posts by different people on this site
don’t know if it has improved - rankings remain consistently high and someone else hopefully can explain how admin can be so very deficient yet the medical school remains so high in most tables

Quick Reply

Latest