The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Study Optometry

Optometrists work in a range of settings, from high street opticians to hospitals and research centres.

Our BSc (Hons) in Optometry is accredited by the General Optical Council and is ranked 7th in the UK by the Complete University Guide.

We also have our own Eye Clinic on campus! Meaning students assess and treat members of the public as part of the course, building their professional competence and experience in working with real patients before they launch their career.

The course is based on both fundamental academic sciences and detailed clinical and practical studies. The emphasis is very much on the optometric service to patients.

Most graduates, on completion of the pre-registration year and having passed the final assessment examinations set by the College of Optometrists, become registered with the General Optical Council to practice as optometrists. Once qualified, graduates work in private practice, in hospital optometry or in optometric teaching and research.

23959-720x480.jpg
Give me a shout if you have any questions about our Optometry course :smile:

Becky
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Does this course ever go into clearing? I'm predicted A*AAA.
Original post by Denplanx
Does this course ever go into clearing? I'm predicted A*AAA.

Hey @Denplanx :smile:

How are you? I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Yes it does, so I would recommend keeping an eye on our courses when Clearing opens :smile:

Our entry requirements for this course are AAB. Good luck with your studies.

Let me know if you have any questions about the course and I'll do my best to help!

Becky
Hey, I know I’m abit late however is wondering if I could apply to optometry if I do a optical assistant apprenticeship? My level 3 qualifications are all btecs:MMP
gcse range from 6-3
Thanks
Original post by reenyyy190303
Hey, I know I’m abit late however is wondering if I could apply to optometry if I do a optical assistant apprenticeship? My level 3 qualifications are all btecs:MMP
gcse range from 6-3
Thanks

Hey @reenyyy190303 :smile:

If you can send over your qualifications and any work experience to our admissions team on [email protected] they can advise you on this.

Thanks,

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending