The Student Room Group

Criminology degree worth it?

Hi I was just contacting regrading if doing a criminology degree would be worth it in the future and if anyboy else on here study, who can give me a heads up and advice on it. Please let me know thank you xox
What do you mean? Be careful about making these sorts of posts on this website - you’ll like get lots of misleading answers from insecure people who don’t study your subject.

Are you interested in Criminology? What careers are you interested in after uni? Would a criminology degree facilitate these jobs? Have you found a university and course you like?

Unfortunately the only person who can answer this question is you. Ask yourself why you want to study a subject at university. If you’ve found a course you like at an institution you like then it is probably worth it. If you don’t really care for criminology and have no idea what you want to do after university in terms of careers or education, then it probably isn’t worth it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by RealAnalyst
What do you mean? Be careful about making these sorts of posts on this website - you’ll like get lots of misleading answers from insecure people who don’t study your subject.

Are you interested in Criminology? What careers are you interested in after uni? Would a criminology degree facilitate these jobs? Have you found a university and course you like?

Unfortunately the only person who can answer this question is you. Ask yourself why you want to study a subject at university. If you’ve found a course you like at an institution you like then it is probably worth it. If you don’t really care for criminology and have no idea what you want to do after university in terms of careers or education, then it probably isn’t worth it.

I have interest in being involved w the law in future thats why
Criminology is a respected degree. This site may help https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/subject-guide/criminology. Some top unis offer it so it is not seen as a 'Mickey Mouse' subject to study. e.g. Southampton, Loughborough, Liverpool, Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham, Bath, Lancaster, Cardiff, Durham, Nottingham, UCL, Manchester, Warwick, Sheffield, York, Exeter.
I would be proud to attend any of these universities.

Quick Reply

Latest