The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol social life?

Hi, I am having real trouble deciding which university to go to to study Sociology. I have visited Bristol and really like it but I'm not sure how happy I'd be there.
I'm social but very anxious about uni and I'd like to be somewhere where I can make friends/have fun without going clubbing all the time. I've heard that it's hard to fit in at Bristol without being a big party-goer and that it's quite druggy. Will I be able to fit in at Bristol without always going clubbing? Is the nightlife really intense?
Thank you!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I am having real trouble deciding which university to go to to study Sociology. I have visited Bristol and really like it but I'm not sure how happy I'd be there.
I'm social but very anxious about uni and I'd like to be somewhere where I can make friends/have fun without going clubbing all the time. I've heard that it's hard to fit in at Bristol without being a big party-goer and that it's quite druggy. Will I be able to fit in at Bristol without always going clubbing? Is the nightlife really intense?

The whole “druggy” thing isn’t as true as people think. Obvs you have the normal use of pills and ket you’d find in every city but it’s not as bad as people make out. Depending on which uni you’ll see a change. Uni of are more into their drugs than UWE.
Speaking from personal experience, it’s very important to go out here, the whole culture is based around nights out :frown:

There are people who don’t like it but your best option is to go into a no alcohol flat lol
(edited 1 year ago)
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you!

You can definitely find your people is Bristol. Don’t put yourself down on that sense. But if your really worried, I would recommend not to apply for accommodation in north village. That is a party and drug heavy area where a lot goes down and it’s also kinda far from campus. Other accommodations will obviously have parties and drugs but I won’t say it will be as much as anything in north village (Hiatt Baker, Badocks and UH) I have a friend who goes to Bristol and she isn’t keen on the clubbing, drinking and drugs sense and she’s found some amazing people who doesn’t do those things and those who does those things as well, she has never been pressured into doing it, people will definitely understand.

Quick Reply

Latest