The Student Room Group

geography a-level vs gcse

i want to pursue a career that's geography related and am in year 11 atm. how does geography a-level compare to gcse? thanks!!!!!!
Reply 1
hiiii, i'm on my second year of geography edexcel a-level and I find the two very similar, just a lot more content than GCSE for example, there are lots of case studies that need to be remembered as well as longer essay questions (18/20/24 markers). i find the physical side really boring but found GCSE pshycial geography more fun (maybe coz I preferred my old teachers), but i love human geography at a-level its very interesting, like you get to learn about health, human rights and intervention (my fav), regeneration, superpowers and globalisation and now I'm going on to study human geography at uni. i know its not really much help but yeh good luck with your gcse tho x
Original post by mollykc
hiiii, i'm on my second year of geography edexcel a-level and I find the two very similar, just a lot more content than GCSE for example, there are lots of case studies that need to be remembered as well as longer essay questions (18/20/24 markers). i find the physical side really boring but found GCSE pshycial geography more fun (maybe coz I preferred my old teachers), but i love human geography at a-level its very interesting, like you get to learn about health, human rights and intervention (my fav), regeneration, superpowers and globalisation and now I'm going on to study human geography at uni. i know its not really much help but yeh good luck with your gcse tho x

thank you so much!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending