Cifas marker has been removed but…

Watch this thread
MoRet
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi my cifas marker was removed yesterday by starling bank, but I tried applying for Monzo and was denied to open an account I don’t understand could someone please expalin what to do now or what’s happening thankyou

Name:  ACFED2A1-E39B-40E3-95B4-1CBB319838D9.jpg.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  F593E2E5-FC36-4E97-B08D-5D597B5D08EF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  12.2 KB
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Moved to a more relevant forum and tagging IWMTom as he seems to know about this kind of topic I think. Also please avoid creating duplicate threads.
MoRet
Rep:
Hi thanks for responding how do I movie to another forum and how do I get into contact with someone that knows about the issue im having as i need urgent advice thankyou
Talkative Toad
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MoRet)
Hi thanks for responding how do I movie to another forum and how do I get into contact with someone that knows about the issue im having as i need urgent advice thankyou
I'm the one who moved the thread to another forum and to be honest I don't how and where you can get in contact with someone hence why I've tagged a user who may be able to help out.
MoRet
Rep:
(Original post by Talkative Toad)
I'm the one who moved the thread to another forum and to be honest I don't how and where you can get in contact with someone hence why I've tagged a user who may be able to help out.
Ok thanks
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It takes time for systems to update. You can't expect to be able to apply immediately.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MoRet)
Ok thanks
As IWMTom says, it could take two months for everything to be updated. Also, we don't know whether you have other adverse information which is leading to your Monzo application being rejected - it isn't necessarily just CIFAS data.
martin7
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MoRet)
Hi my cifas marker was removed yesterday by starling bank, but I tried applying for Monzo and was denied to open an account I don’t understand could someone please expalin what to do now or what’s happening thankyou
As IWMTom states, it takes time for systems to update.

I would leave it for a couple of weeks, then submit a Subject Access Request to Cifas (https://www.cifas.org.uk/dsar). Only once that comes back as clear should you apply for an account.
MoRet
Rep:
Ok thanks so much will keep u updated
MoRet
Rep:
(Original post by martin7)
As IWMTom states, it takes time for systems to update.

I would leave it for a couple of weeks, then submit a Subject Access Request to Cifas (https://www.cifas.org.uk/dsar). Only once that comes back as clear should you apply for an account.
I’ve allready submitted a subject access request I have to wait a couple days will let u know what happens thanks
Jfrogme
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by MoRet)
I’ve allready submitted a subject access request I have to wait a couple days will let u know what happens thanks
any updates to this?
user2108
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How did you get it removed?
purpley99
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi I had a cifas marker with starling and last week and got it removed by Sam from starling bank? Has it been updated as I’m still unable to apply for banks. If so how long did it take?
L0714
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by MoRet)

Name:  ACFED2A1-E39B-40E3-95B4-1CBB319838D9.jpg.jpeg
Views: 135
Size:  20.2 KB

Name:  F593E2E5-FC36-4E97-B08D-5D597B5D08EF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  12.2 KB
How did you get it removed?
L0714
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by purpley99)
Hi I had a cifas marker with starling and last week and got it removed by Sam from starling bank? Has it been updated as I’m still unable to apply for banks. If so how long did it take?
How did you get it remove?
user2108
Rep:
Report 1 minute ago
How did you go about getting it removed ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads