The Student Room Group

I need advice on sixth form

I have less than ten weeks left of sixth form. I'm behind almost both years and all, and I mean all, of my coursework. I haven't even started it. I have hardly any notes and the recent mocks I failed all of them.
I am aware it is my own fault. My mental health has been at its lowest since year ten and I've been struggling to find motivation to do even things I really want to.
I've decided I want to drop out. And I know I only have ten weeks or less left. But I genuinely think putting myself through the stress of trying to catch up in those weeks is going to make me even worse and ultimately it is impossible. Two years in ten weeks? And studying for my final exams too? I don't see it happening.
I am considering dropping out now and taking a year to myself to get back on track. I have a plan, I am then going to take my a levels again but online so I can take them at my own speed. Then uni.
I'm worried and I'm not sure if this is a good decision or not.
Any advice would help thank you.
I know it's really bad for you atm, I was in a similar place to you with my work in sixth form when I was there a couple of years ago
What I really would say and ik it's really generic but try and do what you can, any grade you can get will be better than dropping out
Try and focus on the coursework first then when that's handed in move to the revision for exams
In terms of finding notes for your courses, have you got any access to textbooks, they're what you want to be using and going over very briefly. The revision does depend on what courses you're doing though

It's really tough atm for you but try and hang on in there and see what you can achieve, remember after these exams from mid June you'll be free from sixth form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending