Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onearmedbandit)
    Well no rejection for me just yet... I was processed on the 12th. But my grades aren't anywhere near as good as most peoples' on here *sigh*
    they'll probably take into account the fact that u went to a crappy school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lottelo)
    13th of october for me
    Cheers... I'm just praying that I get a UCL offer- Bristol haven't replied yet, so it is not looking good for me. I really wish I knew more about how UCL were processing applications- I keep on having palpatations at the thought my LNAT essay is going to be the determining factor... and then I will certainly get a rejection. [Basically I started one essay, realised I had answered it incorrectly and then started another thinking there was 1/2 an hour left when in fact there was 1/3.!]

I really wonder how much attention UCL pays to your school- I mean my school isn't bad, but 63% 5a*-c is comparatively lower than the very top comps and most selective schools.

We'll just have to wait and see....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    Where's ICL ? :p: lol...but you know there's always a guy shortage wherever i go
    did you apply for law? In england??
    Aww check sig,

ICL Imperial College London :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Aww check sig,

of course...i'm so stupid :rolleyes:
    No but if you go to London and i go to London too (KCL), then our problem is solved ...and we both got a Machester offer
    it's looking baby :cool: :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Cheers... I'm just praying that I get a UCL offer- Bristol haven't replied yet, so it is not looking good for me. I really wish I knew more about how UCL were processing applications- I keep on having palpatations at the thought my LNAT essay is going to be the determining factor... and then I will certainly get a rejection. [Basically I started one essay, realised I had answered it incorrectly and then started another thinking there was 1/2 an hour left when in fact there was 1/3.!]

I really wonder how much attention UCL pays to your school- I mean my school isn't bad, but 63% 5a*-c is comparatively lower than the very top comps and most selective schools.

We'll just have to wait and see....
    Well, unfortunately my LNAT essay was atrocious and I got rejected.

But don't give up hope . . .

Hopefully I'll find out why I was rejected and that should indicate what the UCL criteria for admissions are.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe. But I'm not convinced. This is still the pilot year. Anywho, an angry letter for the admissions tutors at UCL awaits.
    I think- in the nature of the infamously offensive postcard- a phone call is in order. One of my friends complained about her Durham rejection, then got her referee to complain and is now starting appeal proceedings, thus meaning she could still get an offer.

ReputationRep:
    Well, unfortunately my LNAT essay was atrocious and I got rejected.

But don't give up hope . . .

Hopefully I'll find out why I was rejected and that should indicate what the UCL criteria for admissions are.
    It would be verrrry useful to know the admissions criterai- I just feel cheated that Law schools are using LNAT over AS; when we all know which would be more effective in finding the best students! I actually want to organise an experiment this year- get say 200 people who took last years LNAT to take it again, and see how reliable it is. Only problem: I can't think of anyone willing to go through that again!

ReputationRep:
    I think- in the nature of the infamously offensive postcard- a phone call is in order. One of my friends complained about her Durham rejection, then got her referee to complain and is now starting appeal proceedings, thus meaning she could still get an offer.
    Now that is optimistic! Unlikely to work though - otherwise the whole world would be complaining against durham admissions and fighting for a place.

ReputationRep:
    It would be verrrry useful to know the admissions criterai- I just feel cheated that Law schools are using LNAT over AS; when we all know which would be more effective in finding the best students! I actually want to organise an experiment this year- get say 200 people who took last years LNAT to take it again, and see how reliable it is. Only problem: I can't think of anyone willing to go through that again!
    Well, if I re-apply (pending triple rejections from Cambridge, LSE and UCL), I might be retaking it.

But I'm hoping LSE give me an offer, or by some miracle I get my UCL rejection overturned . . .

ReputationRep:
    of course...i'm so stupid :rolleyes:
    No but if you go to London and i go to London too (KCL), then our problem is solved ...and we both got a Machester offer
    it's looking baby :cool: :aetsch:
    yeah but it's a big town init,
    and I have to recieve my offer first :/

ReputationRep:
    yeah but it's a big town init,
    and I have to recieve my offer first :/
    aww you really deserve to get it hun!!!
    (do you have a 2nd interview at cam)

ReputationRep:
    Well, if I re-apply (pending triple rejections from Cambridge, LSE and UCL), I might be retaking it.

But I'm hoping LSE give me an offer, or by some miracle I get my UCL rejection overturned . . .
    I hope you don't have to retake LNAT! It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I think I would actually rank it above tripping over a tennis ball and tearing two ligments in my knee.

I doubt you'll get an LSE rejection- I mean your grades are well in the offer range. What did you get at AS?

ReputationRep:
    aww you really deserve to get it hun!!!
    (do you have a 2nd interview at cam)
    No I doubt they would make me come all the way from Sweden so either it's a straight offer (which is too late now I think) or rejection (unless my original college Girton decides they wanted me after all)

It's like 1/10

ReputationRep:
    I hope you don't have to retake LNAT! It was one of the worst experiences of my life, and I think I would actually rank it above tripping over a tennis ball and tearing two ligments in my knee.

I doubt you'll get an LSE rejection- I mean your grades are well in the offer range. What did you get at AS?
    AAAA + (plus another free A in general studies).

ReputationRep:
    Now that is optimistic! Unlikely to work though - otherwise the whole world would be complaining against durham admissions and fighting for a place.
    Indeed but our headteacher has - I quote threatened to do a 'Kelley' and take it public a la Laura Spence's headteacher. And newspapers would just love the comp girl rejected with 6a*5a and AAAA at AS over a private school kid with weaker grades [someone at the neighbouring girls school got in].

ReputationRep:
    AAAA + (plus another free A in general studies).
    How can they have rejected you? I struggle to see how it can be SOOO competitive. I'm so regretting my uni choices... *praying* I get into Bristol.

ReputationRep:
    so have ppl had LNAT uni offer/rejections then? neone heard from Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed but our headteacher has - I quote threatened to do a 'Kelley' and take it public a la Laura Spence's headteacher. And newspapers would just love the comp girl rejected with 6a*5a and AAAA at AS over a private school kid with weaker grades [someone at the neighbouring girls school got in].
    That might work . . . you never mentioned blackmail was involved!

ReputationRep:
    Aww check sig,

Imperial College don't do a law course

Everybody seems to think their essays were rubbish! I think mine was rubbish too :'( But I'm clinging onto a glimmer of hope - the oxford professor who marked my LNAT said I got an impressive score But then he could always be lying But I don't think he'd do that

ReputationRep:
    How can they have rejected you? I struggle to see how it can be SOOO competitive. I'm so regretting my uni choices... *praying* I get into Bristol.
    Is Bristol an LNAT university? And would you be content with durham?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2005

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.