The Student Room Group

Being close with a male friend who has a gf.

So I'm a female and have a male friend of 4 years who had a gf this whole time. I've met her about 2 years ago but not since. Anyways me and this guy have always been close and have a sister- brother banter. Outsiders usually think we hate eachother but that's just how we joke around. Anyways he has always been really nice and caring towards me. We've fallen asleep on the couch before watching movies. But usually one sleeps on couch the other on bed. recently i was in his bed after a party in shorts and shirt and he got into his boxers in front of me and hopped in and we shared bed like that the whole night. Nothing happened of course but what does it mean? Or does it even mean anything? He also jokes about us sleeping together and is very physical with me but not kissing or anythint just friendly playful behaviour. His family also joke about us being together and invite us out to dinner together even though he has had a gf for like 7 years so I'm confused.
It sounds like you both are close. But it also sounds like your both starting to close boundaries in your comfort with each other. It is not okay to share a bed with somebody who is in a relationship, it is such a disrespect to the girlfriend and he really shouldnt be doing that even if you both didnt do anything sexual. Either way, its clear you know boundaries are being closed or you wouldn't be confused about his behaviour.
How do you really feel about him?
Reply 2
Original post by LissaLJ12
It sounds like you both are close. But it also sounds like your both starting to close boundaries in your comfort with each other. It is not okay to share a bed with somebody who is in a relationship, it is such a disrespect to the girlfriend and he really shouldnt be doing that even if you both didnt do anything sexual. Either way, its clear you know boundaries are being closed or you wouldn't be confused about his behaviour.
How do you really feel about him?

Ywah i guess. I love him as family but i totally respect he has a girlfriend. I would 100 rather be great friends than lose that over nothing.
Reply 3
Sounds like playing with fire. I’m sure his gf might raise an eyebrow over what you describe. Mind you the greater moral dilemma is with him rather than yourself
I think you're both being disrespectful and the situation is somewhat bizarre.
If his girlfriend knows that you guys platonically share a bed sometimes, and she's okay with it, then it's okay. If she doesn't know, then he should tell her and make sure she's okay with it before anything like that happens again.
That's so disrespectful wth. I'm sure even if the gf says she doesn't mind, she definitely does. That guy is definitely disloyal If he keeps making sexual "jokes" about you.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending