The Real Real Best Bands Watch

This discussion is closed.
BLUREMI
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
The real best bands. I thought the first list was a bit thin so heres a better 1 with a bit of variety
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was surprised to the see Smiths in that list I suppose they are a real band in the old fashioned sense as they only use old fashioned instrunments yet it still sounds quite modern.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Radiohead? Pixies? The Smiths? Sonic Youth?

I don't think that they deserve a place in a list like this ... and it's Led Zeppelin. I would add Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Van Halen ... and a lot more ...

My vote goes to Black Sabbath as always
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Eternal Idol)
Radiohead? Pixies? The Smiths? Sonic Youth?

I don't think that they deserve a place in a list like this ... and it's Led Zeppelin. I would add Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Van Halen ... and a lot more ...

My vote goes to Black Sabbath as always
The Pixies influenced pretty much all alternative music of the last 15 years...their place in this list is deserved, same with The Smiths and Sonic Youth...they're alot more deserving than sh*te stadium ****-rock like Van Halen or AC/DC

I voted for the Pixies, The Beatles and The Smiths...my 3 favourite bands
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't agree.
Have you ever heard Eddie Van Halen playing the guitar? Do you know what tapping is?
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
I don't agree.
Have you ever heard Eddie Van Halen playing the guitar? Do you know what tapping is?
i tried to cater all rock genres icliding the bands u like (led zep), theres also some grunge nirvana, psyadelic (pink floyd), stadium rock (the who), ALT rock (pixies, radiohead) etc
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't agree.
There is no point in arguing, different people have different tastes in music. It also depend where you live etc, in Manchester and much of England, even in the Ireland the lyrics of Smiths have influenced a generation.

Also its difficult to say they are not a real band, wether they are one of the best real bands are not is a matter of opinion but they are a real band therefore have the right to be on that poll.
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm not saying that they aren't a real band, I'm just saying that they aren't one of the best bands (100% based on my own opinion).

I'm not arguing, I'm just saying what I think.

:hello: And by the way nice to see you again after a long time amazingtrade, I don't think that you remember me.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
I'm not saying that they aren't a real band, I'm just saying that they aren't one of the best bands (100% based on my own opinion).

:hello: And by the way nice to see you again after a long time amazingtrade, I don't think that you remember me.
of the topic a bit but how did u get ur avatar so big??
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't have a clue, I haven't posted in this forum from almost a year ago when it was called UK-Learning and it's like that since ever.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I regonise your name, I can't remember much else though :mad:
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Don't worry I haven't been here for a long long time.
Angel_Cake
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
How come people can vote for several bands? You couldn't do that before. (And I still can't!)
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It isn't possible, you can vote just once.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't agree.
technicial skill isn't everything...Lennon was a poor guitarist, but that doesn't mean the Beatles aren't the best band ever...
EI_123
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You were talking about influencing, tapping have been and is practised by a LOT of guitar players. I don't think that the Beatles are the best band ever, they were TOO soft for me.
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angel_Cake)
How come people can vote for several bands? You couldn't do that before. (And I still can't!)
when u vote at the start u can choose multiple bands, but once uv submitted u cant resubmit
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No Queen?! You wait 'til Pikaboo notices
BLUREMI
Rep:
?
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
No Queen?! You wait 'til Pikaboo notices
:hahaha: queen :rofl:
NikolaiJ
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pixies Ruuuuuule!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1119)
78.97%
Leave (298)
21.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise