The Student Room Group

how to calm nerves for my traineeship starting at 10am?

I don’t know why I am nervous. I wasn’t even nervous when I had the interview as it wasn’t a full on interview it was an informal discussion. I am excited but nervous at the same time. Maybe because its a different sector to what I am used to?
Just remind yourself that the nerves are temporary (and also normal). Once you start the position and feel familiar with the environment you'll be fine. Don't look ahead, focus on the present.
Original post by issawrap
Just remind yourself that the nerves are temporary (and also normal). Once you start the position and feel familiar with the environment you'll be fine. Don't look ahead, focus on the present.

Does the environment mean the location? I am working from home and will be meeting them on a zoom call.
Original post by Anon346775
Does the environment mean the location? I am working from home and will be meeting them on a zoom call.

Yep, same applies. 'Environment' here would just mean the environment amongst the new people you're meeting and their interactions and dynamics with each other and with you. And of course the nature of the work that you'll be introduced to.

You'll be fine : )

Quick Reply

Latest