The Student Room Group

Non EU spouse of a British national

Hi,

I am non EU spouse of British national. My visa status is Spouse - leave to remain.
I have been in the UK for many year (over 3). I want to apply for a course that starts next September and I only want tuition fee loan. Am I eligible? i have been getting mixed information and i don't know what to believe.

I dont want to be disappointed again.
Original post by Mrbrowne
Hi,

I am non EU spouse of British national. My visa status is Spouse - leave to remain.
I have been in the UK for many year (over 3). I want to apply for a course that starts next September and I only want tuition fee loan. Am I eligible? i have been getting mixed information and i don't know what to believe.

I dont want to be disappointed again.

Hi there,

Has your spouse also been living in the UK for the past 3 years?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Has your spouse also been living in the UK for the past 3 years?

Thanks, Graeme

hi there,

Yes and never lived in EU.
hi there,

Yes and never lived in EU.

Thanks, yes - based on this you'll be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. You'll also be eligible for the Maintenance Loan but you don't need to claim this if you don't want to.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Thanks, yes - based on this you'll be eligible for the Tuition Fee Loan. You'll also be eligible for the Maintenance Loan but you don't need to claim this if you don't want to.

Thanks, Graeme

Thank you very much for the information.

As i have spoken to student finance and i have informed otherwise. P.s. I have not submitted my application for student loan yet.

Could you please confirm your source of information?
Thank you very much for the information.

As i have spoken to student finance and i have informed otherwise. P.s. I have not submitted my application for student loan yet.

Could you please confirm your source of information?

Hi there,

SFE Home Student funding will be available to non-UK national family members of UK nationals from AY 2021/22. The following criteria must be met;

- The UK national and the family member must have been resident in the EEA or Switzerland on/before 31st December 2020
- The UK national and the family member must have been ordinarily resident in the UK, Gibraltar, EEA and Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first AY of the course
-The family member must hold a valid status in the UK
- If you and the UK national were not living in the EEA/Switzerland on 31st December 2020, and had returned to the UK by that date, they must have returned to the UK from the EEA/Switzerland on or after 1st January 2018

Thanks, Amy
Reply 6
Hi, please can you clarify ? My wife is here in uk with me who is a British citizen and have been living here for 10years plus. She will be 22 years old, and here on a spouse visa, will she be eligible for a student loan to study, she has a degree in her home country , and may want to study a degree in uk. ThanksMuch appreciated
Original post by AN2022
Hi, please can you clarify ? My wife is here in uk with me who is a British citizen and have been living here for 10years plus. She will be 22 years old, and here on a spouse visa, will she be eligible for a student loan to study, she has a degree in her home country , and may want to study a degree in uk. ThanksMuch appreciated

Hi,

Can you confirm the degree she holds?

Thanks, Amy
Reply 8
Well l just applied under this route, the sfe were asking me to provide further evidence dated back to 2002 to prove long-term residency as a family member of a UK national. My wife is British while l have limited leave ti remain. Been living in UK for over 15years. Due to insufficient document to prove long-term residency, l have to cancel that application and apply again as a family member of UK national. Don't know what their reply would be to this.
Original post by OOdunsi
Well l just applied under this route, the sfe were asking me to provide further evidence dated back to 2002 to prove long-term residency as a family member of a UK national. My wife is British while l have limited leave ti remain. Been living in UK for over 15years. Due to insufficient document to prove long-term residency, l have to cancel that application and apply again as a family member of UK national. Don't know what their reply would be to this.

Hi there,

Does your course start this month?

Thanks,
Kristina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending