The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 1: Pure Mathematics 1 9MA0 01 - 7 Jun 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Philanche
Split it in 2, calculate the area of one triangle, double it. To calculate the area of one triangle, use A = 1/2 a b sin C

do u remember what you got for sin C? this was the method i used too
Original post by ashvinsingh
Was the radius not 3??

No you got the equation of the circle equal to 169 then square root it to get 13
Original post by Philanche
Split it in 2, calculate the area of one triangle, double it. To calculate the area of one triangle, use A = 1/2 a b sin C

Because you need the exact area, i tried your method, gives decimals.
How many estimated marks would you lose if you did all of the last question in degrees?
Original post by cloudniineee
SAME OMG THIS IS SO FELT I really wanted an A* but I think I missed out :frown:

I am better in pure than stats and mechanics so completely done.
Original post by MelonCrazy
Just had to cross two of the sides (vectors) that were next to each other afaik. I did a triangle method and got the same answer too (root571)

Do you remember the numbers of the vectors? cus I want to try it using the cross product method. I still got root 571 using triangle method, but I am just curious.
Original post by Abzdot
No you got the equation of the circle equal to 169 then square root it to get 13

**** I got it as 9
Original post by Abzdot
I got root 89 + 13. I did this because I drew a circle out and needed the furthest point from origin so I did radium plus distance from circle centre to origin. r=13 and I did square root (5)^2 +(-8)^2 and added that

Yes that's what I got yay
Original post by fluffypoopies

Original post by Lolmedic???
Because you need the exact area, i tried your method, gives decimals.

The thing you needed to do was find cos C, then since cos²C + sin²C = 1 you can find sin C = root (1 - cos²C) = (root 517) over 29

edit: wrote 571 instead of 517
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Scarce9293
How tf do u get area of a rhombus

I added the two vectors to get the vector from one side of the rhombus to the other and got root94. Then I sued pythag to get the height of a triangle as 5.5 and base root(92)/2 then 4 triangles like that to get total area as 11root(23)
Did anyone else run out of time?? I maybe wrote one thing for the cheese question and i skipped quite a few other parts of questions
did anyone get the show that question for the dv/dt question think it was part b. Coudknt work out why it was 26 and not 25
Reply 992
Original post by TheDarkestShark
I got 2. something. I think it was something like 2.17 I'm not sure. I had a look on Twitter and some people got negative answers... I honestly don't know anymore 😭.

I dont think time can be negative I got a large number. which N did u use did u use N when t =0 or N from part b ?
Original post by fluffypoopies

the angle was 128. something
Original post by Abzdot

6 marks down the drain smh I did 89-80 = 9
Original post by grhas98
Did u get like root 517 or something like that?

Yesss
yh got the same as u

Original post by Thanquinho
Do you remember the numbers of the vectors? cus I want to try it using the cross product method. I still got root 571 using triangle method, but I am just curious.
Anyone else get 9.6 and 99.6 for the Trig question
2sin(2x) = cos(2x+30)
Original post by ashvinsingh
6 marks down the drain smh I did 89-80 = 9

Me too lol but I'm pretty sure you'd get e.c.f. for part c with a wrong radius
Original post by Thanquinho

I think I got roughly that I rmeber it’s was a root and a 500 but can’t remeber the other two numbers I put

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending