The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 2: Pure Maths 2 9MA0 02 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 2 exam go for you?

Edexcel A Level Mathematics Paper 2: Pure Mathematics 2 9MA0 02 - 14 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 14th June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know any websites where they have loads of hard questions for maths? I have done terrible in the first paper and I need to at least get 70+ marks in the second paper to make up for it if I want to get an A
Original post by neigh.a
Does anyone know any websites where they have loads of hard questions for maths? I have done terrible in the first paper and I need to at least get 70+ marks in the second paper to make up for it if I want to get an A

the Physics and Maths tutor website has Madas and Neikermaths practice papers that vary in difficulty, they're quite good but probably best to pick and choose questions that are topics coming up in paper 2 from the AI rather than completing full papers.
Original post by neigh.a

Yep, there are plenty of websites that you can use for harder style questions, you can follow the links below to Edexcel-specific questions:

Maths Genie

Physics and Maths Tutor

Save My Exams

Revisely
Original post by TheDarkestShark
Yep, there are plenty of websites that you can use for harder style questions, you can follow the links below to Edexcel-specific questions:

Maths Genie

Physics and Maths Tutor

Save My Exams

Revisely

Maths genie has easy questions per topic, all of them are way below the exam paper level but they have good videos that help u understand better
Anyone have any predictions for what the proof is going to be?!
Original post by Snorkman
Anyone have any predictions for what the proof is going to be?!

No idea, however I found this video, a predicted 2022 paper, which covers everything on the advanced info, and question 13 is a proof question. Highly recommend you check it out, link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHVwOM2K_tE&ab_channel=AJMaths
What does it mean 'geometric sequence; trig' i've never seen trig in geometric sequence/series?
Reply 8
Maths mentor has lots of free predicted paper based on AI, maybe try that

mathsmentor.co.uk
(edited 1 year ago)
simply hoping that paper 2 will be easier-but it's always paper 2 that it is harder
Original post by d1xcha
What does it mean 'geometric sequence; trig' i've never seen trig in geometric sequence/series?

Here are a few

D31CF2C8-5DC5-4CB7-A40F-4F920472712E.jpg.jpeg3DF88C6B-897F-40C2-9F71-22BA33A73C49.jpg.jpeg4A5631AB-5FA4-4DDA-B146-9F959FFBD7CB.jpg.jpeg
Original post by qweqworiet
Here are a few

D31CF2C8-5DC5-4CB7-A40F-4F920472712E.jpg.jpeg3DF88C6B-897F-40C2-9F71-22BA33A73C49.jpg.jpeg4A5631AB-5FA4-4DDA-B146-9F959FFBD7CB.jpg.jpeg

thank you so much <3
Original post by qweqworiet
Here are a few

is there any chance u can send me the link? the photos are a bit blurred sorry to be a pain :smile:
They are screen shots so not a link sorry
Reply 14
Right I need 80+ on this paper if I wanna get that A* 😭 Is it just me or, judging by the advanced info, this paper looks easier??
what does "Geometric sequences and series; trigonometric identities" on the advanced info mean? like is it saying that we'd have to do geometric on trig identities
Original post by euphoricrora
what does "Geometric sequences and series; trigonometric identities" on the advanced info mean? like is it saying that we'd have to do geometric on trig identities

Maybe give us a sequence like sin, cos, 0.5 and then make us show that it be expressed in a certain form and then solve it for the common ratio/theta
hi guys what does it mean by : Understand and use function notation
ty
Original post by daeconstudent
simply hoping that paper 2 will be easier-but it's always paper 2 that it is harder

Praying that too. Someone said in 2021 it was easier :question:
Original post by hannah3101
I do!!

please could u send them to meee :smile: if thats not a pain

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending