Edexcel A Level Further Maths Paper 3D: Decision Maths 1 9FM0 3D - 23 Jun 2022 Chat

Watch this thread
Poll: How did the Edexcel A Level Further Maths Paper 3D exam go for you?
Great! (29)
29%
Quite well (37)
37%
Not so good (23)
23%
Terrible! (11)
11%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Edexcel A Level Further Mathematics Paper 3D: Decision Mathematics 1 9FM0 3D - 23 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 23rd June PM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
ll ACR ll
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
D1 or Drawing graphs on paper 1
stressed4examlol
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
was anyone able to find a predicted paper? unfortunately I've had no luck
E_H_1234567
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hey all! Since the advanced info was spot on for the first papers, are u only doing revision on advanced info topics?
Last edited by E_H_1234567; 1 week ago
fortified_shi
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by E_H_1234567)
Hey all! Since the advanced info was spot on for the first papers, are u only doing revision on advanced info topics?
Literally a bullet point per question so yh, ill be revising basically the advanced, maybe a bit more
E_H_1234567
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone have specific grade boundaries for this paper alone each year?
Anonymousrzu
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by stressed4examlol)
was anyone able to find a predicted paper? unfortunately I've had no luck
Not a predicted paper, but I would highly recommend doing the 2019 D1 paper as iirc it has all the adv info topics in the paper + CPA scheduling. So that can act as a nice predicted paper.
RayR777
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Are all of you learning decision yourself or learnt it at school?
fortified_shi
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by RayR777)
taught at school
Chowdan
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
got taught at school, left it for a year, now reteaching myself :sigh:
BurgerTitan00
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
do you guys think they will ask about two stage simplex? i feel it is unlikely as they've put big m method as a bullet point on the advance info.
Also what do you think they will ask us for the bullet point "formulating and using simplex to solve a linear programme" will that just be the usual?
fortified_shi
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by BurgerTitan00)
do you guys think they will ask about two stage simplex? i feel it is unlikely as they've put big m method as a bullet point on the advance info.
Also what do you think they will ask us for the bullet point "formulating and using simplex to solve a linear programme" will that just be the usual?
I think only big-M, and formulating linear programme yh just defining variables and writing constraints and objective function from some bare wordy thing.
GraceElize
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
I've been taught the core pure in school, but the decision has all been self taught.
Cupcakes12
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by BurgerTitan00)
(Original post by fortified_shi)
I think only big-M, and formulating linear programme yh just defining variables and writing constraints and objective function from some bare wordy thing.
hopefully it won't involve any solving things graphically because I always do that wrong. I just struggle so much to draw all the lines on correctly and shade out the correct side, like idek why I find it so hard. I much prefer simplex.
fortified_shi
Rep:
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by Cupcakes12)
hopefully it won't involve any solving things graphically because I always do that wrong. I just struggle so much to draw all the lines on correctly and shade out the correct side, like idek why I find it so hard. I much prefer simplex.
Has the potential to, although there are two bullet points on the advanced info with simplex, so im guessing one will be formulating it and like an interation of first stage simplex. And then big M
E_H_1234567
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
Does anyone know what an A and A* are for this paper usually out of 75?
ggggggggname6
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
i hate simplex algorithm so much its so tedious and boring it takes so many pages to do 1 question and then i find out i wasted my time because an arithmetic mistake
Cupcakes12
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by ggggggggname6)
i hate simplex algorithm so much its so tedious and boring it takes so many pages to do 1 question and then i find out i wasted my time because an arithmetic mistake
It's so frustrating sometimes. Decision is the paper where I make the most stupid errors. Especially if I have to add up lots of numbers, as sometimes I'll just miss one out and get it wrong
grhas98
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
I hope there’s no scheduling it literally makes no sense to me how am I supposed to know what activity to pick 😂
E_H_1234567
Rep:
Report 2 days ago
(Original post by grhas98)
I hope there’s no scheduling it literally makes no sense to me how am I supposed to know what activity to pick 😂
HAHAHA we’re all the same on this! It’s not on advanced info though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
37.5%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (8)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
8.33%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (1)
4.17%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
12.5%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
4.17%

Watched Threads