The Student Room Group

Aqa a level chemistry

For topic questions, I want to ask if it is good to do only AQA topic questions or also EDEXCEL and OCR to get a view of how the questions can come up?
I'm doing AQA A-Level Chemistry.
Original post by Gionbon
For topic questions, I want to ask if it is good to do only AQA topic questions or also EDEXCEL and OCR to get a view of how the questions can come up?

Hi Gionbon,

Looking at the fact that you are doing AQA A Level Chemistry, it would be best for you to mainly practise AQA topic questions rather than focusing on OCR and Edexcel Questions as they emphasise different question types and layout. In the main exam, AQA will be setting their 'own-style' questions so it would be better to focus on AQA type questions since you would be adjusted to the format they provide. There are a lot of questions for AQA like the official website past papers and other places.

Hope this helps! 🙂
Original post by Gionbon

Heya! I would recommend focusing more on AQA style questions as after all they are all a bit different in terms of questions and layout. However, if you want to challenge yourself just to test your chemistry knowledge then it could be helpful, just don't want you to get confused on different styles and layout! I would sometimes do practice questions from Edexcel when I ran out of past papers to do but they were very different so be careful!
If you need any help with chemistry, I would also recommend checking out this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFXGNbYzfgXApJjlVqV_eg
Hope this helps! Good luck with your exams!
Milena G.
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest