The Student Room Group

Which exam should I re-take? Need a 2nd opinion.

For my ICT course, I was predicted a Merit, but I now have the chance to achieve a higher grade.
I recently have been given medication for my ADHD and I have been able to perform much better academically. I'm wondering whether I should re-take my first exam, last exam or both. I'm going to try and explain my situation and hopefully get some feedback on what I should do lol

In my first exam I achieved a Pass (E), first coursework I achieved a Distinction (A), second coursework I achieved a Distinction (A) and in my final exam, I achieved a few marks off a Distinction but got a Merit (C) which was the highest grade in my class :smile:

My current grades would be a P,D,D,M which is a Merit overall, however, I want to achieve a D or D* (A or A* equivalent)

As I didn't originally get a re-take for my first exam and personal circumstances took a toll on my studies, I have the chance to re-take both my first and last exam which will award me the following end grade:

M,D,D,M = D overall
M,D,D,D = D* overall
D,D,D,M = D* overall
P,D,D,D = D overall
D,D,D,D = D* overall

Realistically, I think it would be best to focus on getting a Merit in my first exam without having to worry about an additional exam and if I got a
Distinction in this exam I would qualify to get a D*. No need for the second one. However, if I took both exams I would have 2 chances to achieve a higher grade. If I feel a few grades short on the first exam, the second one could help me get that higher grade.

Hopefully, this was somewhat understandable, any advice is appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending