Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (Non-Calc) Foundation 1MA1 1F - 20 May 2022 [Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
"

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Paper 1 (Non-Calculator) Foundation Tier 1MA1 1F - 20 May 2022 [Exam Chat]
Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 20th May AM
Length: 1h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
Advertisement
Finne
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
How did paper 1 go?
billyg05
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Think it was pretty good, nothing on there which I got to and didn't have a clue. How about everyone else?
(Original post by Finne)
How did paper 1 go?
Last edited by billyg05; 1 month ago
Advertisement
siandagh1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
good but i defo got a few questions wrong
AngelotheOne
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How was question 21 answered
Advertisement
j.sellers96
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngelotheOne)
How was question 21 answered
What was the question?
poshwizzard
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone found the proportion of 3:2 or 2:3 to the density problem?
Advertisement
Owais1604
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I got 3:2 and I'm pretty sure that's the correct answer.
Last edited by Owais1604; 1 month ago
poshwizzard
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Did anyone got to solve the x^2-3x 1 bit? What a nightmare of a question. I put the points where graph intersects with x axis...
Advertisement
imsoswag
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by poshwizzard)
Did anyone got to solve the x^2-3x 1 bit? What a nightmare of a question. I put the points where graph intersects with x axis...
yes, and you had to find zero, for plotting the graph you should've gotten a u shape i believe? but yes that does sound correct, i did the same.
bvlbs
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i found it pretty good. only struggled on the last 3 questions
Advertisement
remyh7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
anyone have access to the paper to look over?
annabelleeg7
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by poshwizzard)
Anyone found the proportion of 3:2 or 2:3 to the density problem?
oh i had no idea how to do that one. my mind went blank 🥲 my final answer was hilariously terrible
Advertisement
jacobburt77
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
did anyone get the kwh in October and November question? I want to see if I got it right or if I didn’t what did I do wrong
Owais1604
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I what I did was minus end of November kwh and end of October kwh and then multiplied that by I think it was 20p. That would have got you the answer.
Owais1604
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jacobburt77)
did anyone get the kwh in October and November question? I want to see if I got it right or if I didn’t what did I do wrong
what I did was minus end of November kwh and end of October kwh and then multiplied that by I think it was 20p. That would have got you the answer.
yo777
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Owais1604)
Yeah, I got 3:2 and I'm pretty sure that's the correct answer.
Wait I put 3g/dm3 : 2g/dm3 do u think that’ll still be correct?
Advertisement
hsp033
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I thought it was a good paper and think I did quite well. I ran out of time to do that last two questions unfortunately and I’m also hopeless at proportion 😬
tasneemfaiza
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes we need to subtract the meter reading in november with the meter reading in october and we get 460 kwh..then multiplying it with 0.16p leaves us with 73.6 pounds something
tasneemfaiza
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes we need to subtract the meter reading in november with the meter reading in october and we get 460 kwh..then multiplying it with 0.16p leaves us with 73.6 pounds something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (17)
29.82%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
38.6%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.51%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.26%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.02%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.28%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.75%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.75%

Watched Threads