Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 1: 1EN0 01 - 18 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Watch this thread
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Edexcel GCSE English Language Paper 1: Fiction and Imaginative Writing 1EN0 01 - 18 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Wednesday 18th May AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
makaist
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Good luck
Sak?
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
it’s tomorrow i don’t have a plan for a story
dia.ok
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Good luck, everyone
JJ5672
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How was it?
Josh17474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JJ5672)
How was it?
I thought it was a better good paper to be honest
aliyax.x1
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How dumb couldve i been to do the first question of the paper wrong.. first mark gone down the drain
Josh17474
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliyax.x1)
How dumb couldve i been to do the first question of the paper wrong.. first mark gone down the drain
What was the correct answer?
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
the first paper actually went pretty good tbf, like for q3 I wrote 1 page and a 5 or 6 lines, then for q4 and q5, I written 2 and a half pages. About the question about the memorable weather, like I dont know to be honest, could I talk about when last August, there was barely any rainfall and that in previous years there was always rainfall and my parents were working for a million hours so no time for a holiday, I ain't sure, but I hope I didn't mess up.
BenevolentMyths
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I liked the extract. At least compared to our last mock this extract was amazing – most people misunderstood the last extract in our mock at my school but Dickens was good. His writing is relatively clear. And Oliver Twist! An interesting extract, compared to previous papers I've seen. The tension question wasn't awful either, at least in my opinion; I managed to write four paragraphs (which is one more than I was aiming for) although I was worried the quality had gone down. What I found odd was Q5 – this time it was so narrow. Usually it's just 'write about a time you were happy' or something along those lines, so you could adapt any story to it. Not this time. I couldn't use the story I'd thought of, so I ended up changing it at the last minute, but I still wrote about 3 pages for that, so it was OK. Ended up writing historical/fantasy fiction to do with the witch trials and I chose the 'stand up for what you think is right' question (5, was it? It's gone from my brain lol). It was something along those lines, anyway. How did everyone else find it?
mesub
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BenevolentMyths)
I liked the extract. At least compared to our last mock this extract was amazing – most people misunderstood the last extract in our mock at my school but Dickens was good. His writing is relatively clear. And Oliver Twist! An interesting extract, compared to previous papers I've seen. The tension question wasn't awful either, at least in my opinion; I managed to write four paragraphs (which is one more than I was aiming for) although I was worried the quality had gone down. What I found odd was Q5 – this time it was so narrow. Usually it's just 'write about a time you were happy' or something along those lines, so you could adapt any story to it. Not this time. I couldn't use the story I'd thought of, so I ended up changing it at the last minute, but I still wrote about 3 pages for that, so it was OK. Ended up writing historical/fantasy fiction to do with the witch trials and I chose the 'stand up for what you think is right' question (5, was it? It's gone from my brain lol). It was something along those lines, anyway. How did everyone else find it?
It was writing about a time where you, or somebody you know, stood up for something (although I did a person so hopefully I'll be fine!).

Overall the paper was alright, although I'm not an English person.
TylerPhillip
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It’s about content mostly
superweird_200
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i didnt tick a specific box for the narrative writing im an idiot
SnowyPanda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by superweird_200)
i didnt tick a specific box for the narrative writing im an idiot
im sure they can figure out what question you did, as long as you answer one of the questions
superweird_200
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SnowyPanda)
im sure they can figure out what question you did, as long as you answer one of the questions
Hopefully man at least paper 2 is worth more marks i guess
anjellyca
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
what were the options for question 5?
uglyplushy
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anjellyca)
what were the options for question 5?
write about a time you stood up for something or write about a time the weather was memorable
anjellyca
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uglyplushy)
write about a time you stood up for something or write about a time the weather was memorable
i'm just a curious sister because my brother forgot what the question was apart from the one he answered (weather)

Good luck to you all!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.54%
As I expected (67)
31.75%
Harder (80)
37.91%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.79%

Watched Threads