The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Best accomodation for city south campus?

I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best accomodation for studying a health course at city south campus? I just got an offer for midwifery and loved the uni but the Queens Hospital accomodation does look a bit dead.

I really want to still have fun where I live, but at the same time i'd also like to live with people doing a similar course to mine. Do people who study at city south still apply to accomodations that aren't owned by BCU?:smile:
Original post by charlac16
I was wondering if anyone could suggest the best accomodation for studying a health course at city south campus? I just got an offer for midwifery and loved the uni but the Queens Hospital accomodation does look a bit dead.

I really want to still have fun where I live, but at the same time i'd also like to live with people doing a similar course to mine. Do people who study at city south still apply to accomodations that aren't owned by BCU?:smile:

Yes! it just depends on your preference. I went private. But there are a lot of other accommodations near city south campus like Toybox, altura and the pavilion these are the only ones I know but there is a lot around:smile:
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I’ve been offered a January 2023 start date for Midwifery at Birmingham. Which accommodation did you book in the end? I don’t really fancy Beech Gardens or Queens but appreciate we need to be close :frown:
A room is available for the accommodation Toybox it’s near bcu city south campus and still close to city centre, if anyone is interested pm me and il let you know more details:smile:!
Original post by AbiRey
I’ve been offered a January 2023 start date for Midwifery at Birmingham. Which accommodation did you book in the end? I don’t really fancy Beech Gardens or Queens but appreciate we need to be close :frown:

You have altura, Toybox and pavilion all these are still in the same area of the city south campus:smile:! I’ve stayed in Toybox personally and it’s really nice there and close to the Morrisons supermarket which is helpful.

Hey! What did you go for in the end? Im also doing midwifery at BCU in september, we have a few groupchats (snapchat and whatsapp) if youre not in them already? :smile:

Hey I study Children and Young People's Nursing at BCU and currently live at lakeside (owned by bcu) but my next accommodation isn't owned at BCU, but it's very close to each other. I don't mind the 20 -25 mins bus drive to city south!
Reply 7
Original post by lauren.j0301
Hey! What did you go for in the end? Im also doing midwifery at BCU in september, we have a few groupchats (snapchat and whatsapp) if youre not in them already? :smile:

Hi!! So sorry i didnt reply - i went for queens in the end and am pretty happy with the choice as its quite central. Could you dm me the groupchats would love to know a few people before going haha :smile:

Quick Reply